Dancers Anonymous > Procrastination Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Swing Kitten, Oct 15, 2003.

1. meow

meow New Member

I know I should be doing something, but I can't remember what.

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

well, strictly speaking, you aren't procrastinating unless you know what it is... unless, perhaps you are puting off thinking about it!

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

she's putting off remembering... heh

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I'll think of a witty reply to that later...

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Should I put off the last post to reach 5K????

6. Rugby

Rugby Member

I was going to post here 3 days ago but finally just got the energy up to do it. I was going to mention that............ah, too exhausting, I'll have to get back to you on it.

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

8. Rugby

Rugby Member

Want to try on a dress my friend is selling but I have to take it out of its case first then try it on.. Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Or maybe I can undo the case tomorrow, take it off the hanger on friday. unzip it on saturday, put it on on sunday. Oh wow, that sounds like just a mind boggling amount of work, I'll have to get myself psyched up for the effort on this one. Got to log off now, totally exhausted myself over this one.

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I didn't think women ever found trying on new clothes to count as work. :)

10. meow

meow New Member

11. meow

meow New Member

Well, this lady cat hates shopping for clothes!! True. It is one of the worst things as I can never find anything I like when I am looking. I only see stuff I like when I don't have the money.:rolleyes:
    IMO, clohtes shopping isn't just work - it is more like being in a chain gang.:twisted:

12. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

Let me be the second to admit my hatred for the art of clothes shopping. What's wrong with the clothes that I've got? Even if they are a couple of sizes too small.. and have holes in them..

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, I actually rather like shopping for clothes. Though i don't particularly like trying them on, unless it's jackets. That's more an issue of hating dressing rooms and changin gclothes in a public building (Let's not discuss changing arrangements at comps :) ).

Shirts are easy though. I almost always wear dress shirts, so just grab a 16" 34/35, fitted/modern fit/whatever. No need to try it on. T shirts, a large. That way I don't have to deal with the tedium of trying things on, but I still get to get new clothes, which I like.

Going to have some custom suits made while I'm over here, which I suspect will be even more of a hassle, but can't pass up the price (roommate is paying about $330/pc for his, including fabric, and I guess he supposedly went with expensive cashmere, etc for his. So I could even spend less than that if I wanted). Side effect of ballroom, is needing more semiformal outfits for all the dinners at the comps.

14. meow

meow New Member

Sitting on DF when I should be doing laundry, dishes etc.

15. Rugby

Rugby Member

16. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Since it's been awhile, I suspect many of us have been puting off posting to this thread? :lol:

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i admit to procrastinating this morning... need to dive into a few projects that have to be completed by end of day. but it sure is nice to take a break for the moment...

18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

put off everything for about 2 months now :)

19. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Yep... Procrastination Nation...and I am the Queen! I put just about everything but dance related activities to the back burner pretty much always. I start to do the dishes, and it becomes a practice session for swivels (using counter for support)... part of the problem is that anytime I'm doing anything the music is on... so I have a dance break about every five minutes when I'm doing chores. It takes me forever to get anything done.. I'm a true study of how someone with ADD doesn't get stuff done. :p

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I'm avoiding ....