Country and Western > Proud Mom

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by SuzieQ, Jan 10, 2008.

1. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Just wanted to brag a little--my daughter and her partner won Division I at the UCWDC Worlds competition in Nashville over the New Year.

Here is a video mix of them dancing, at a comp in Dallas in November:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P98yTI5gY2M

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

She is AWESOME . . . always one of my favorites to watch! She makes Sloane look so good - LOL!

Tell her "CONGRATS" for me . . . unless she sees my post.

3. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Thanks, Vince. I'll pass that along. It's really exciting to see things happening for her.
    And yes, Sloane is lucky to have her! ;)
    Were you able to go to Worlds? We didn't even get the chance to see Gretchen and Sloane dance last year, in person. We met up with Gretchen in Wichita at an ACDA event, but Sloane didn't come, and that's the only event we got to last year. Are you or your wife still competing?

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

No, Carolyn had duty over the holidays, which killed any chance of us going!

I believe I saw her once this year . . . though I cannot remember where . . .

Carolyn is competing this year . . . Advanced . . . all new routines . . . so we plan on making all the comps that we can . . . and hopefully do World's in Florida next year - so we can take in DisneyWorld too! I will compete in a few Swing comps, and of course Jack and Jills . . . though I'm so busy with my band!

What are your plans . . .

5. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I wish I could say we had some plans--right now just trying to keep up with our dancing, using some videos to learn new things and occasionally getting together with two different studios 2/3 hours away. Hopefully this year will be better than last, but I doubt we'll be able to do any competing.

I thought Worlds were in Nashville again next year? Actually, Florida would be better for us, since we have family there. Will have to check that out!

6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I only said Florida because we received an email from a friend right after she found out how she did . . . said there were flyers and announcements regarding Florida . . . so it's only hearsay right now! I'll have to check things out.

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Just checked . . . it IS in Orlando, Florida . . . check out the UCWDC site for further info.

8. kayak

kayak Active Member

That is a fun composite video. They look like they are doing great :)

Sounds like you need to put in a dance floor if you have so far to go to get out dancing ;)

9. RickRS

RickRS Member

You do have reason to be proud, your daughter and her partner danced beautifully.

And on that note, Country and Western doesn't have very many videos posting (maybe because Youtube doesn't have that many as well). As I am becoming more aware of the UCWDC I would certain encourage more videos of their top performers.

10. ericajones80

ericajones80 New Member

pass on my congrats! the video was fantastic

11. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Actually, there is a dance studio in town with a beautiful, big floor. Just no one to teach us, and no one else to dance with.
    We go out dancing some here, but it's all oldies cover bands or big band (won't even mention the polka!) so about 97 percent ecs, single time, or foxtrot. Three hours of the same thing gets a little old!

12. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Thanks!

I think I saw a note on the UCWDC page that there were going to be videos posted from Worlds (on YouTube.) I haven't checked yet.

13. RickRS

RickRS Member

They are showing up already. UCWDC has a subscriber page: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UCWDC where you can find a list of their videos (39 when I checked this morning). I found that when my instructors, Todd Longsworth and Traci Bell, who complete in the UCWDC, mention to us beginners that we could find them on youtube.

Rick

14. tulsadancer

tulsadancer New Member

Hey SuzieQ, say hello to Fred for me and I hope to see you guys at an event this year.

David C.

15. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Hi, David! You deserve some congratulations, too! I hope we will get to see you all some time this year. I miss getting to dance with you!
    (David is Gretchen's student, and he won his pro-am division and also won Div. III with his partner, Danielle!)

16. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

By the way, welcome to DF! I saw your "name" before and wondered if it was you! This is a great place to hang out.

17. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Are you planning to compete?

18. RickRS

RickRS Member

I'm just starting dance at this point. Looking to get good enough to avoid embarassment at social dances.

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

She has grace, strength, fluidity and precision. I had too feelings - wow and (sorry) extreme envy!!

Please pass on congrats!

20. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Thanks, Elisedance! I struggle with the envy myself--and not just of her!