Swing Discussion Boards > Question about triple swing

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by lynn, Jul 27, 2005.

1. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Just a tip - the faster the music, the smaller the step and/or fewer the steps you can take. :)

2. lynn

lynn New Member

This just occured to me....when you step on beat 1, 4 & 6, do you bend your knee first then step on it, or do you step on straight knee and bend afterwards?? I find myself bending my knee first on 1 & 4, but when I get to #6, I step on a straight leg then bend, which makes it a little awkward, strange....

3. lynn

lynn New Member

plz disregard the last questions, i think i figured out the solution by putting the weight on the ball of my foot and not step with a flat foot.

But here's another question, would it be alright if I "drop" the weight on my foot rather than really step on it on 2, 4, 6?

4. dTas

dTas New Member

of course. you can "land" on that foot instead of "set" on that foot. as long as you don't "bounce" or "pop" out of it unnecessarily.

that's part of the styling in creating either a smooth swing look or an active exciting swing look.

5. setsuna713

setsuna713 New Member

That's exactly what I meant! Thanks!

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

lynn,

Keeping your feet closer together for quicker tempo has already been mentioned. With practice and experience you should be able to smoothen this out and keep things more grounded. :)