Tango Argentino > Question not for Faint Hearted, Do Not Read if easily Offended!

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by spectator, May 1, 2007.

1. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

No, he probably has everything strapped down :lol:

(anyway there's close embrace, and there's close embrace)

2. piimapoika

piimapoika Member

This problem is mentioned in M.A. Numminen's novel "Tango is my Passion". The solution: a quick exit from the dance floor and a vigorous application of birch twigs to the affected part.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:cool:yes, dancing with a deity can have that effect;)

4. fascination

aren't you clever?;)

5. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

:) :rolleyes:

6. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Admittedly, I've felt more erections on the Northern or Central Lines in the A.M. Never in a tango situation. But I tend to dance "close" in a "does my bum look big in this" way or Nuevo, so if the lava of Versuvias is threatening to rise, I'm nowhere within the regions of the fall out.

Interestingly, a group of us headed out to the usual post-milonga watering hole (pub) last night and the subject turned to penal posturings. Terry, one good and extremely funny individual piped up: "yeah sure, I have a erection all the time. I had a few earlier on". I immediately turned to him and said, "Terry, please don't tell me you had an erection when we were dancing together." He replied (rather too quickly), "No, Heather, of course not." I turned to look at the others around the table, turned back to him and yelled, "yeah, and why the hell not". Laughter.

I/we (the ladies) learned from Terry that a bloke can have these standing to attention moments several times throughout the day and such movements can also occur involuntarily. (I read once that men tend to have a major erection when they are hung (erm..as in rope around the neck and jumping into the back hole (Neck trauma=Erection?). So I wouldn't place too much connection on Tango+Close Encounters of the Embrace=Erection. It can happen in a Milonga in much the same way it can happen in Church :rolleyes:

7. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking .....:rolleyes:

8. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

For any readers who were not already aware, I think "involuntary" is a key concept from Heather's thread.

It is in fact true that it an occur involuntarily and without stimulation. In my case, this "problem," mitigated with age and believe it is the same for most men. In addition, some men, (even younger ones) can prevent (or immediately cease) the involuntary physiological response through mental gymnastics -- but this does not not work for every man every time. And I believe that certain situations (getting lost in a very sensuous dance, for example) might make such mental gymnastics more difficult.

Once we understand the involuntary nature of the physiological response, I believe the issue becomes what one should do if/when it happens. I think that's been pretty much covered in the thread already. While I don't dance AT, it seems to me that the only proper thing to do is change the dance position to prevent contact with the partner. If the partner doesn't seem to understand why, or insists on contact, that would seem to leave the gentleman with little choice but to whisper something like "I'm sorry, but I need a little extra space because of an involuntary physiological response."

(Fascination, have I edited myself to your standards? ;) )

9. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Oh, by the way, we learned in EMS training that priapism can be, in fact, a sign of spinal trauma.

10. tangoking

tangoking Member

If Stanley wakes up during a dance, I simply switch to open embrace.

6" for the Holy Spirit...

(groan)

11. fascination

just a reminder...to on one in particular, that we endeavor to run a PG site, and I have already done enough editing on this thread...please ...all...be discreet...thanks

12. fascination

yes...although I think the end response would be also better left vague...and dishonest if neccessary, " I am sorry, I (just for a bit) need to dance with a bit of extra space, I have some physical limitations that flare up from time to time" ...cuz, I DON"T wanna know...unless it's my spouse

13. revolution

revolution New Member

This actually sounds very beautiful, love. But as I understand its just a dance, unless it's emulated outside of the dance floor. But getting that other person does sound very appealing. :)

14. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Quite and it boggles my beanie why AT is treated as anything but. And comments like "...unless its my spouse" or (here I quote a woman I know) "I can't take Justin to tango as he doesn't dance it and he'd be too jealous watching me dance with another man..." baffles me. Personally, I am yet to be turned on by anybody at a milonga no matter how raunch he leads the gancho - that said, my s*xual powerhouse is stored in my cranal region and so, I guess, unless that it is stimulated, everything else is dead from the waist downl.;)

15. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

hee hee - "he'd be too jealous watching me dance with another man..." - she wishes!!

These are the reasons Paris society was shocked by the tango in 1912..

16. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Ha, ha, ha. But do you know what I mean? If my boyfriend was jealous with my dancing with another man, I'd sack him. Hell, if my boyfriend was jealous over anything, I'd sack him. Period. I so cannot be dealing with wetnursing another's ego. Too much hard work. I can just about remember to water my plants, much less. Hee, hee.

17. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Isnt "wetnursing another's ego" shorthand for "having a relationship" :) ?? Yeah, we'd like to think we're all wonderfully mature, but when it comes to the crunch, most of us act like twelve year olds.

I think you may be setting the bar a little too high... :p

18. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Seems so. But I try to focus on what I am doing to help grow the soul rather than toss complimentary silver at the Self. Not everybody's cup of Earl Grey, I know.

I remember a male friend once said to me: Heather, you don't need to be dating a man, you need to be dating Jesus. Ha, ha, ha. :rolleyes:

19. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

20. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

The only time I am a little jealous watching my partner dance with another woman is when she's a better dancer than I am. :rolleyes:

My partner doesn't have this problem since he doesn't think any of the other guys are better dancers than he is ;)