Tango Argentino > Question not for Faint Hearted, Do Not Read if easily Offended!

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by spectator, May 1, 2007.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I've never visited the Cranal Region. Near Eltham isnt it? ;)

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

this made me laugh out loud

3. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Crikey. This is true. Hmm...now, there's the rub. :doh:

4. bafonso

bafonso New Member

Ahaha, very funny! at least you're aware of how big his ego is ;-)

I think the dance can be much more than a dance but I feel it's pointless to debate this over an internet forum as I've found it is intimately related to one's personality.

5. revolution

revolution New Member

yes it is! hah, that's why its so awesome. I can coach myself on being a better me. The last couple of responses have been great, too many smart people around here. :)

6. revolution

revolution New Member

lol, that's awesome. Cockiness.

7. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

I try to not fall into these simple kinds of inadequacies. I felt myself being most jealous when one past partner would dance with others. I was bothered by this. Then I realized that i wasn't jealous of her dancing with others; I was jealous of the time spent away from her...regardless of what she were doing. Love's complicated sometimes, oui?

8. Angel HI

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Captain Jep [​IMG]
    :smile: But is Jesus a dancer? he can "walk on water" but is that good enough ?!

A far cry from Jesus, but.....I know an Angel who is a pretty good dancer *ahem* :rolleyes:

9. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

You must be referring to Angel Coria. He's very good.

:mrgreen:

10. Angel HI

11. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

[
    No DC. It's our very own Angel:rolleyes:

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Whoosh!

(The sound of dchester's comment going over Heather's head.)

13. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Gone over my head too ...

AngelHI, are you Angel Coria ? (not that I know Angel C personally either... :rolleyes: )

14. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Well, at least you got it. (I guess I need to work on my delivery.)

:cool:

15. Angel HI

I got it; hence the former reply. :( Uh....no, I am not AC. I am AH..... remember? ;)

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Just call me AngelHI in the morning....
    Just hold my hand before....

17. waltzguy

waltzguy Active Member

I'm surprised not more references were made to Ballroom Standard (yes I did read the whole thread, took me half hour).

After all, Standard is where the connection is in the tummy-hip area. Haven't had this problem personally. But regardless of whether the "e" occurs, I think that "something" can be noticed by the lady. This may be a reason for less than full contact in Ballroom Standard, except those that are pro-am, well-established partners, or significant others.

18. Angel HI

Probably b/c those who are dancing Standard in amer. are more serious about it, and don't think of those things.

19. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Or, (sorry Angel) some of us have never participated in "ballroom" dance to any great extent, or we don't dance with the same partner all of the or most of the time.
    (You've heard the story about one of our presidents, a farmer, the farmer's rooster and his chickens?)

I have to add that this subject "comes up" / "arises", "is brought up" (OK. I'll stop now) because it is something that young men have to deal with. I'd like to write "many young men", but I can only speak from personal experience and limited information from (mostly) female friends.
    So, these young men come here to see if they can get information to help them deal with the situation. If we, collectively, don't provide them with some kind of (hopefully) useful information, and a context to put their experience in, what happens next?
    They wouldn't be here attempting to dicusss it, more or less anonymously, if they had other places they could go to discuss it.

Kinda reminds me of some of the advice I used to get (and which never worked for me), and is sort of reflected in these lyrics sung by Patty Loveless, who can't get someone out of her mind.

I try to think about Elvis, Memphis
    Oprah in the afternoon
    I try to think about palm trees, fig leaves
    The creature from the black lagoon
    I try to think about Shakespeare, leap year
    The Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    I try to think about hair-do's, tattoos
    Sushi bars and saxophones
    I try to think about the talk shows, new clothes
    But I guess I should have known
    I just can't concentrate
    You're all I think about these days.

If you do the video you have to watch a short commercial first.
    http://www.cmt.com/videos/patty-loveless/72008/think-about-elvis.jhtml

20. Angel HI

I guess I was speaking more from a dancer's POV, or from one who chooses to become such. We have had to deal so much lately w/ guys using dance as a ....nevermind, you know where that goes.

It was/is not my intention to demean or dismiss the poster's question; I know that it is a valid concern for, not only younger dancers (age/experience), but for many of us when encountering an attraction. There are valid ways to deal w/ it, and I am glad that the subject 'pops up' (OK, I couldn't resist. I just want it to stay legit.

Lastly, I was speaking more in terms of the dance, and saying that int'l typically takes, at least, arguably and in amer., a more profound knowledge/cognition, and one just doesn't have other issues at the moment.