Dancers Anonymous > Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancer_of_god, Nov 13, 2003.

1. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

Hey guys and gals!

Please lend a helping hand and recommend some radio stations that you listen to. I'm at a lost as to what I should listen to these days.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

SHOULD be listening to? Not. Just listen to what you like. But here's what I like:

NPR -- National Public Radio, News, Information, Talk and Politics
    XM 102 -- Ngoma Music from Africa
    XM 94 Caliente -- Mostly neo-classic salsa and merengue
    XM don't remember number -- Frank's place Frank Sinatra plus Soft, smooth jazz standards from the 40's and 50's

Local stations, genre only

smooth jazz
    Classic R&B from the 70's to today
    Dance/Pop/Club Radio
    Popular/Crossover C&W
    Contemporary Christian Soft Rock
    Oldies -- Mostly American pop from the sixties
    Classical music
    Classic rock (a la Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc.)

Can you tell? I switch stations a lot. :lol: :D

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I'm definately down with the NPR! :D

4. jon

jon Member

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

wvbr -- 93.3 fm -- mostly shows like the swing show on saturdays from 1-3:00p.m., also webcast

NPR

Local jazz station...

Been spending a lot of time listening to CDs lately, so the other stations don't come to my mind right now..

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Fox Sports Radio and ESPN Radio.

Might make me the odd man out here, but I'm not much for music radio anymore.

7. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

I must say that I'm oblivious to current events and new songs. I don't even turn the radio or the TV on to listen to the weather. Except football on sundays.

Don't like the salsa radio stations play, too many comercials, and too many negative vibes from news channels... I rather do with out them. A good book or a good conversation will do for me.

8. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Hmm...it's very difficult to give exact stations as we all live in different areas of the world and radio stations will not be the same in each location. Here is a list of the radio stations in my area I usually listen to:

Q90 FM - contemporary Christian (seems to be all I listen to right now)
    Mix 95.9 - r&b, hip hop, pop
    K107 FM - r&b, hip hop, pop, rock
    WIXX 101.1 - r&b, hip hop, pop
    The Fox - rock, heavy metal

The best advise I can offer is to just spend some time trying out your local stations until you find something you like. You may want to look through the yellow pages in your area phone book for specific station names, then look them up online to see if they fit your style.

All the best in your search for music!