Ballroom Dance > Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Does sapphire not have shoe vendors? Or just not ones that carry Aida?

2. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

I've been checking out the vendors at the local comps - sometimes in person (as at Sapphire) and sometimes online and by telephone, and so far - no Aida - but hope springs eternal!

Off topic, we missed you at the Austin Open last weekend :)

3. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Aww thanks... Though one of my teacher's couples was there! They were the couple doing silver Latin that looked like the guy borrowed a pro's shirt (because he did). :p

Sania likes this.
  4. lilies

lilies New Member

Hi everyone, from your experience, what is the difference in sizing between Ray Rose and Supadance court shoes? I have slightly wider toes and have been pretty happy dancing in Ray Rose Stratus 3.5 UK (street size 5.5 - 6 US). However, I don't really like the flare heels, and so want to try Supadance court shoes with contour heels, particularly models 1008 and 1012, which have round toes. I'm torn between 3 Wide and 3.5 regular. My Supadance Latin shoes 1403 are in size 3. What's your experience? I would love to try them on before buying, but there are no vendors around here where I live. I really appreciate any comments. Thank you.

5. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

I have a Ray Rose rockslide, so i am not sure how that compares to the Stratus. For me, the ray rose toe box is much wider than the Supadance 1012. I find the 1012's WAY too tight in the toe box. if you want a contour heel, i'd suggest the 2012, it was much more comfortable for me. I've tried several different shoes for smooth, and i think i'm ending up back at the supadance 2012, even tho it's not as flexible as i want.

lilies likes this.
  6. lilies

lilies New Member

thank you, scullystwin42. Supadance 2012 looks similar to 1012 but with pointed toes. I thought round toes would help with slightly wider toes like mine, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Ray Rose Stratus is very similar to RR Rockslide, but slightly wider toe box I think.

7. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

I actually ordered a 1012 accidentally, instead of a 2012, and could not figure out why it didn't fit like my older shoes. And then i realized the difference after I'd worn them a few times. YMMV, but that was my experience with those shoes.

lilies likes this.