General Dance Discussion > Ray Rose Shoes

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Twilight_Elena, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I am thinking of trying out Ray Rose shoes next time I get new shoes for ballroom. Who has ever worn Ray Rose shoes? What are your opinions on them? Comfy? On the narrow/wide side? Stable? Hard/soft? Too much/little suede?
    Please specify what model you have tried on when you reply.

Twilight Elena

2. Twilight_Elena

Bump? I'm positive there are many members who have posted things about Ray Rose shoes before, I don't understand why there are no replies...

Twilight Elena

3. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Ok, I will tell you my experience. I got my Ray Rose because I read good reviews on the web. I did not find anything special with them. I felt the heels were shorter than other brand shoes. Maybe it was because their heels are more toward the ball. I am not sure. Any way because I did not really like them, I put them away. They are just sitting in my closet in an almost mint condition. I forgot the name of the line, but it was one of those t-strap shoes.

4. Twilight_Elena

More toward the ball? You mean they target the weight on the balls of your feet? That would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

Twilight Elena

5. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

For other folks, maybe. Acually a lot of people like their shoes because of that reason. Not for me. I am happy with the positioning of Supadance shoe heels.

6. Twilight_Elena

Actually I've been wanting a shoe that's targeting on the ball because I tend to put some weight on the heel and want to eliminate it.

Twilight Elena

7. Anna

Anna New Member

I actually just got some Ray Rose shoes in January, and I love them! I tried on a ton of different shoes when I was buying them, and the Ray Rose ones felt a lot more balanced and closely fitted than Supadance (and all the other brands I tried, too). So I'd highly recommend them, although I suppose it really depends on the exact shape of your foot.

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Where did you buy them? The Ray Rose website is under construction. :cool:

9. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Here's what I wrote on another thread:

10. pygmalion

Hmm. I was shocked. I went over and checked Dancevision's site. They still have some RR shoes on clearance, mostly in very small or very large sizes. But it's certainly worth a look-see, if you're in the market. :cool:

11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Isn't LeNique the current source for Ray Rose America?

12. pygmalion

No idea. I saw some for sale at Aida Dancewear. And, of course, the Dancevision ones are (I'm fairly sure) from the same batch of discontinued styles they've been selling for a while now. That's why I was surprised they had any left. At $49 a pair, I'd have expected them to be long gone. *shrug*

13. Anna

Anna New Member

I got my pair at Worldtone in New York, their webpage is here: homepage.mac.com/lanzo/. They had a great selection and very helpful sales people.

14. pygmalion

Thanks for the link, Anna. I drool over dance shoes. :)

15. pygmalion

Ooh! I see some practice shoes I've never seen anywhere else. :idea: Tra la la! :D

16. Twilight_Elena

I checked out the site too. I'm rooting for Blizzard in Dark Tan, it's for narrow feet, looks wonderful and the Dark Tan colour has a reddish hue to it I really like. Or maybe it's just the picture.

Twilight Elena

17. Anna

Anna New Member

They told me at the store that the straps across the toe on Blizzard are all satin, so they'll wear out a lot quicker (the straps for the other models have a leather backing). But I guess they'd be more flexible, too.

18. Twilight_Elena

Oooh. Good point. Thanks, Anna. :D

Twilight Elena

19. JoeCZilla

JoeCZilla New Member

Oh my... Gawd! Are we talking about SHOES again?!?!? :)

20. pygmalion

And what exactly is your point? :wink: :lol: