General Dance Discussion > Ray Rose Shoes

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Twilight_Elena, Mar 12, 2006.

1. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Ha - you say AGAIN. That which does not cease cannot re-occur. :)

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yep, the exact thought going through my brain was "you mean they ever stop???" :lol:

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i just DO NOT get the whole shoe fetish thing...nor the chocolate thing...am afraid I'm not really female....

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Hey. It's not a fetish. In my case, it's just a matter of looking ahead of time. I know I'm going to wreck my shoes in 4 months time, so considering my UK friend who gets me shoes from comps will come home (with new shoes!) in April and will come back again around July or August (4 months in England ;)) I want her to bring me my then new pair of shoes when she comes home in the summer. See? No fetish.

Twilight Elena

5. JoeCZilla

JoeCZilla New Member

[FONT=&quot]Shamelessly stolen from other threads...

[/FONT]
    I’m sure theres more but the search function just laughed hysterically at me when I put in “Twilight_Elena” and “Shoes

Care to rescind your previous statement??? :D

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:uplaugh: :uplaugh: :uplaugh: :uplaugh:

Sorry TE, but I think he's got you on this one!

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

No fair turning ones words against her. I'd hate to see what turned up if somebody did the same search for me. :oops:

I don't think it's a shoe fetish either, btw. I couldn't care less about shoes in general. But I can talk dance shoes all day. So, if there's a fetish involved, it's more likely a dance fetish lol.

But seriously, it only makes sense that we talk shoes a lot, since the number one tool every dance person needs is a good pair of shoes. So, by the time you talk fit, styles, support, mechanics, minimizing injury, vendors, prices and so on, that's a lot of shoe threads. A lot.

8. JoeCZilla

JoeCZilla New Member

Now, now... Just having a bit of fun.. I'd use the word obsession more than fetish anyways.. :) You have to admit that women have a fasination with shoes that I dont see any men matching... Hmmm too bad I can't do a search on shoe threads started by men...

It would probably read something like this: Q:Are these shoes good? A:Yeah :D

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

rotfl re JoeCZilla ! My word! That was hilarious! Okay, question, kind of serious ;) can we start the nominations for the 2006 DF Awards yet? I need to nominate JoeCZilla for something! :lol: :lol:

10. lynn

lynn New Member

Yeah, and i recall reading somewhere where you confessed you own 25+ pairs :shock: ! Just curious, has that # grown any more :raisebro: ??

11. Twilight_Elena

Nope! It's not a shoe fetish. I'm just in a forum about dancing, I'm a dancer and I'm talking about the tools of the job. I don't think you'd call it a screwdriver fetish if I was a technician and talked about the new handle of the new X2000 Screwdriver Master, would you? Or if I was a cook and talked about pots and pans. ;)

Twilight Elena

12. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I thought only dishwashers talked "pots and pans" ;)

13. JoeCZilla

JoeCZilla New Member

You're right, I wouldn't if it was just a comment or two on the new X2000 Screwdriver Master like "Its a good screwdriver, gets the job done", but when you have ten in each color, and are like "OMG im soo happy! the new X2000 Screwdriver Master is almost here! It's soo shiny, I love it! Wee!" then I start to wonder.. :)

I wouldn't use the word fetish though, i'd use obsession. :) For it to be a fetish you'd have to say something like "I got the new X2000 Screwdriver Master last night and we went home and had some naughty time together" :D

And I hope you know i'm just having fun with this thread. A healthy shoe obsession is nothing to be ashamed of, I just find it amusing and a little odd. It makes me smile when I read about all the ladies shoe dramas, but then I'm a guy and I'm not meant to understand these things :)

14. Twilight_Elena

Dude. You're insulting the Shoe Gods.

Twilight Elena

15. JoeCZilla

JoeCZilla New Member

Shoe Gods??? :) Heh, I rest my case...

Dude? Bah! I've never roped a doggie or wrangled cattle in my life! :) I do respond well to "Your Excellency" though :D

I am pretty excellent! :D

16. Twilight_Elena

Your Excellency.
    Fear the wrath of the Shoe Gods, for they will punish you for your blasphemy with shoes that don't fit right.

Twilight Elena

17. pygmalion

Rotfl!!

18. pygmalion

I decline to comment. :lol:

19. Twilight_Elena

Wise decision. You sound like a true follower of the Shoe Gods.

20. Twilight_Elena

Okay, the second page of this thread has gone WAY off topic. And since I'm really thinking of getting Ray Rose shoes, I'd like some help heeeeere. Please?

Twilight Elena