Salsa > Real Salsa Dancers, Players, and Sexy Moves

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tacad, Jul 6, 2005.

1. kdogg

kdogg New Member

The basic etiquette on the dance floor is to make each other feel comfortable; however, not too comfortable to the point that other dancers and spectators feel they're in the wrong room. If either the leader or follower feels uncomfortable, he/she should feel free to stop dancing with him/her. The followers have ways to maintain the distance. For leaders, the best policy is to reserve sexy moves until you've gotten to know her and she feels okay with it.

2. africana

africana New Member

much better :kissme:

(oh i'm sorry is that too sexxxy cos we've never met :lol: )

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Same is boring. Me likes variety. How about u?

What is typical/acceptable? To me what matters is the context.... With the things that I have done on the dancefloor with one or two I would have been chased off the dancefloor by at least half of df, yet I guarantee that most of the ladies I dance with don't consider me a sleazeball. I'm as innocent and pure as the first fall of winter snow. :wink: :) I'll give you an example. S., a 17 year old in Syracuse,NY. (When I first saw her I thought Amish/country girl as she had this long country style skirt etc.. Just to show that the unusual dress was what caught my eye, and not nakedness. Then the connection we enjoyed made me keep on coming back for more.) I enjoy dancing with her the first Friday of every month and it is one of the reasons that I go to that Latin dance. She asked me to do besito. Requested it. She requested it as she was so young so I wouldn't normally do it with her. Anyway, no-one else will do the sexy moves that I do with her.

I can make a move sexy and fun and dirty/disgusting/slimey/repungnant. Are we asking the right question by talking moves? A beginner can butcher leading an inside term to a fast song. That makes it an unacceptable move to repeatedly lead IMO, until you can do it better, while a skilled leader will allow a lady to flow seamless through one as a channel from one move to the next.

Another example. Go to Cuba and see a 60+ grandmother dancing with her 16 year old grandson. You can almost imagine the grandson trying to vaccinate the grandmother. The dance has some of its origins in the courtship ritual. The two are dancing and responding to that call and the roots and respecting them. Clean dancing in public.

4. Sagitta

Oh!! WEll, no-one has ever objected so I think I'm alright!! :wink: :)

5. africana

africana New Member

aha so this was personal

and of course to each his/her own (if not we can spend all day calling each other "mental cases" and "perverts" ;) )

By the way, I'm not sure what a besito is...it sounds like a "cutesy" move to me

also sometimes it's not the actual sexiness of the move that some might object, sometimes it's simply the cheesiness of it, the fact that the guy uses it methodically, or as his guaranteed way of touching sumthin ;)
    and sometimes the moves are just plain boring :?
    the worst is pretty much when it just doesn't match the musical mood

ok enough of this, carry on playa :p

6. Sagitta

Not really...I don't take df/life too seriously! :wink: :) Besito means little kiss in Spanish, I wouldn't do beso (kiss in Spanish) as that would be a full-frontal attack. :lol:

TRue about using a certain guaranted move to touch sumthin. I'll have to think sumthing special next time --- modified sambuca...hmmm...

7. Sagitta

or ponle sabor... ( give to flavor)...

8. Sabor

Sabor New Member

'touch me and i'll sue' :lol: :lol:

but .. if manage it.. could i have that 'good slappin' avec chocochocola pls! :bouncy:

9. nikita

nikita New Member

:bkick:

10. africana

africana New Member

11. HF

HF New Member

Extremely useful article and I am happy that I read it very early in my salsa life. Maybe I will write a "thank you" letter to Edie one day because it sort of preserved me the ability to live in a long-time-relationship.

12. SalsaAmore

SalsaAmore New Member

This is where the sexy moves come in when you feel or know there is that chemistry between the two of you. It is not thought out nor is it planned in your head what your next move is. While dancing, you're in the moment and you do what feels right at that particular moment. That's the mark of a good dancer - beginner or advanced. You are not intimidated nor or you wondering, can I make that move on her. You're not thinking, you are just dancing and going with the motion and the flow of the dance. You are both in sync and it feels right.

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

exactly.. well put!

14. Sagitta

Ditto. 8)

15. yola

yola New Member

yess! chemistry has to be there first!! otherwise: yikes!

this weekend a guy (i didn't know him) asked me to dance with him and he started right away: stroking my hair, going down holding my hips etc! ugh! he hadn't even looked into my eyes! :shock: :evil: i was like: get your sweaty fingers out of my hair!! eeuw!.

i like flirting while dancing, but not with any partner! and you have to build it up! this guy clearly had no clue!

16. Sabor

Sabor New Member

how about building it up b4 going on the dance floor? .. that way the dance is not wasted :lol:

17. yola

yola New Member

guys guys, always rushing, straight to your 'goal'. when will you learn? a girl has to be warmed up a little...
    the fun of traveling is not so much in reaching your destination, but enjoying the road you take, including sidetracks etc...

btw sabor: how would you do that while i'm on the floor constantly? trying to attract my attention while i'm dancing with another guy? steal me away for a moment?

18. Sabor

Sabor New Member

well, in reality actually, i wouldn't be doing that.. :lol: ..

19. yola

yola New Member

hmm? what would you do?
    i generally keep my flirting to the dancefloor, but hey, whatever is in the interest of making the dance more fun... i'm open to suggestions :lol: :lol:

20. Sabor

Sabor New Member

i wouldn't do anything.. if u want to do something.. go ahead, u have my permission :lol: