Dancers Anonymous > Reasons why I am awesome

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by FancyFeet, May 8, 2013.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

So I've been in a bit of a funk and down on myself all day, and I decided that in order to snap myself out of it, I was going to think of some things that make me awesome. Once I got started, the reasons really started to pop into my head... and a little while later, goodbye bad mood!

Since this was so effective for me today, I wanted to share with DF and offer you all the opportunity to tell us why you are amazing!

Some random, in no particular order, things that I came up with:
    - I helped my co-worker out of a jam this morning.
    - My Little Sister (through Big Brother's, Big Sister's) thinks I'm awesome.
    - I have fantastic looking toenails that I did myself - dark green with sparkles.
    - I had a salad for dinner yesterday when what I really wanted was a cheeseburger.
    - I worked my butt off at the studio last night, and figured out that thing that's been tripping me up for 2 weeks.
    - I said thank you to my bus driver.

Your turn!

Purr, Larinda McRaven and fascination like this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I woke up
    I took a breath
    its all awesome from there:D

kidding I always feel awesome

its a curse

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hmmm...for me, I would rather focus in what I am grateful for...as it serves a similar purpose for me....I have some qualities that I am proud of but they aren't the things that really sustain me...but I am really happy for you fancy feet that you found a way to rally your spirit and that you want to share that with others...thanks

SwayWithMe and Mr 4 styles like this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

ditto that... in todays world a "pick me up" is always a welcome thing

5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I am awesome because I am grateful. :)

SwayWithMe, FancyFeet and Mr 4 styles like this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

that sounds much better than the reverse

7. fascination

I think it is probably pretty important, in absence of much external validation, that a person be able to remind themselves of some of their qualities

SwayWithMe and Mr 4 styles like this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

hear hear!!!

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Do I really need a reason?

Sania likes this.
  10. fascination

11. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Joe, not at all... I just did the other day, because I forgot why for a bit.

I think we all have reasons why we're amazing, or awesome, but some days it's just a little harder to hang on to those things and stay happy and confident... hence the conscious reflection process.

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I remember having several nights with really wonderful friends and a bottle of wine. We sat around in a circle and took the time to not only complement ourselves but then each other. We live in a world of immense criticism. I don't think there is anything wrong with patting ourselves on the back and reminding us that we truly are awesome creatures.

13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

anyone called Joe is awesome.

14. Mr 4 styles

Joe the plumber??

Joe Jackson??:D

bordertangoman likes this.
  15. bordertangoman

not to mention Don Joe :) (think about it)

16. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

This is a fabulous thread!

I feel awesome when I bust in to some cumbia freestyle!
    I feel awesome because I'm learning lots of new stuff that I'm passionate about.
    I feel quite awesome about being a size 10. :p

FancyFeet likes this.
  17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Because he looks sharp! :cool:

Mr 4 styles and Joe like this.
  18. manteca

manteca Member

I can't even think of a reason "Why" I'm awesome because I've always been awesome. Even if you gave me an example of something that is Not awesome so I could compare & contrast, I wouldn't be able to relate. :rofl: That is pretty dang awesome, as is this thread, and all the rest of you people.

19. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

This is a wonderful thread! Recently, I stumbled across a video on another website called "Pep Talk" by Kid President (easy to find on your favorite search engine. It is absolutely in line with this thread - Be Awesome! And don't be afraid to admit you are. I firmly believe that if we can appreciate how we are awesome as individuals and better understand what makes everyone around us awesome, it cannot help but make you humble, amazed, and filled with perspective on what really matters in life.

When am I at my most awesome? When I am helping others work through the crises in their lives. When I am holding true to my core beliefs in the face of challenge and adversity. When I am watching the sunset on my back deck with my love.

20. bordertangoman

graced;

I ain't religious but a sermon I once heard stuck with me; "You can't earn it, you don't deserve it but the Lord gives it you anyways."

(hallelujah!) ;)