Dance Ads > resale ballroom gowns for tall women

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by elisedance, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

2. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I think red quite cool

3. Katarzyna

its quite nice indeed but it needs stones replaced... thats why the price is low...
    yellow is my favourite :)

4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Yellow always stands out so well, too-wish I could wear it, but it tends to look wrong with my skin tone.

5. Katarzyna

this one is long thought of all of them its the longest... love yellow color.. will wear yellow for Ohio :)

6. gracie

gracie Active Member

Ladies, what measurement from shoulder to hem do you need at your height? Many of the adds just say good for such and such height but no actual measurement. Most of my gowns are 55 - 56 inches shoulder to hem.

7. Kateri

Kateri New Member

Hi fellow tall ladies! I'm one of the confirmed 5'11''s mentioned above (good eye, amiko! :) ) and I was wondering what the best way to sell gowns is, in your opinion. I've got one or two of mine I'm thinking of selling. Do you go through FB/ are there sites everyone checks that I seem unaware of? I've worked with dreamgown before, both for a pre-owned dress and for a custom made one. I loved them, but I'm in CA and they are in the EU, so I'm looking for something a bit more local. Advice welcome! :)

8. SelenaSaberWind

SelenaSaberWind New Member

Tall chicks rock (I'm 5'11), though trying to shop as one can suck sometimes. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure! :dancingbanana:

9. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I'm 5'9" and currently a tiny size 2-4... the used dress market is not my friend. I, however, just sent payment for a used dress I found on ballroomdancers.com. Admittedly, they're rare. I've been watching multiple sites, and this was the second dress that was less than $2k and would fit that I've seen in all this time... and the other dress was hideous!

Assuming this dress fits (fingers and toes crossed), and I get around to starting to make another one, I may shortly have a size 6-8 one for sale... 'cause I really need to stop wearing it and can't take it in anymore without taking it completely apart and remaking it. When ready to sell, I plan on getting the word out here and on a couple of sites, plus approaching a few dancers that it may fit directly.

10. Katarzyna

I still have this gown that would fit someone AT LEAST 5'8'' and I have had people try it who were 5'11 and it fit them as well. But its for someone at least size 6.

I buy a lot of gowns abroad so I very frequently have gowns for tall girls. Many standard girls in Slavic countries are above 5'7''
    [​IMG]

This one is for someone at least 5'8 too, no bigger than size 4 or 6[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    novemberecho likes this.
  11. novemberecho

novemberecho Member

this thread is AWESOME :)
    (5'9")

FancyFeet likes this.
  12. FancyFeet

So, the used dress fit and I made a new one as well... so I have a fuschia swarovski-stoned standard dress, size 6-8 available for sale. I wore it twice before I got too small to wear it :( Will be posting the ad as soon as I have a dance-free evening to go through my pics - so stay tuned or PM for details!

13. WildE

WildE Member

Oooohhh...create a subgroup here for the 5'9" and taller ladies or can also add men 6' and taller

14. I just posted a blue dress for a tall woman.

bluedress1.jpg

I just posted a gown for someone 5 foot 11. So let me know if you would like it.

I just posted a couple of dresses my daughter wore for sale. She is 5'11" Let me know if you are interested.

bluedress1.jpg Pinkdress.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  15. I hope you have looked at our ad for a smooth and rhythm dress. My daughter is 5'10"

16. khanhdang

khanhdang New Member

17. FancyFeet

^ This reminded me about this thread... I have a few standard dresses for tall ladies. One or two could be converted for smooth quite easily. I also have a latin one that I could be convinced to let go for the right offer.

Sizes range from 2-8, depending on the dress, and all are priced under $700 USD. Feel free to PM if you are looking.

18. Hi all -- so I altered the blue dress to fit me. I took off the white diamonds so it fits a shorter person better. Anyway the pink dress is still available. Bead droppers are really nice.

19. TallGirl54

TallGirl54 New Member

Just curious, anyone on here over 6ā€™0? Iā€™m 6ā€™2 without shoes and recently started ballroom dancing but I have a hard time finding even practice clothing, or clothing in general for that matter. Size 14 for clothes, size 12 for shoes. Any suggestions on places to try?