Resurrected: The Teaching Update

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Mitra, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Mitra

Mitra New Member

*Update Oct. 1*

Well, this will only really be updated this once, as I have come to a final conclusion in my life. For those who do not know, I began at the request of others to keep updating people on how it was to go from student of dance to an actual instructor. It had its ups and downs, the long training session that lasted almost 2 months, the lack of money, the insurance debate, and more, but in the end I became a teacher.

Unfortunately, as I have but one college class that I take this semester, I have been finding more and more that I miss college dearly and the life it ensued. So, I have decided, I will quit as an instructor. I haven't even been tested onto the next level, but between the stress I feel on a daily basis, the lack of love for dancing now, and the horrible pain in my feet from dancing 5 days a week if not more, it has lost its appeal by far. Even teaching, the joy of showing others how to dance, is diminishing.

Its a sad thing to have to say, but in the end I know I want to get a true degree in college and pursue a "normal" life before deciding if I want to go back to dancing or not. And if all else fails, at least I have the knowledge that I recieved about $3000+ worth in lessons for free. I just regret that it didn't hold through, but I am still quite young and need to explore all that this world has to offer before settling into one career for sure. Who knows, I might go back to Fred Astaire to teach again, but ont for a few years I think.
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Good you found out about it without burning your college degree bridges mitra.
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Best of luck with your decision, Mitra. 8)

One thing I've learned in my life is that, often, things that seem final and irrevocable look different down the road.

It sounds like maybe going back to school and finishing is the best thing for you right now. But your options for the future are unlimited. You can do whatever you want. That's the beauty of it.

Good luck, sweetie. Good luck. :D
  4. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yes, indeed. Something for all of us to keep in mind.

Good luck, Mitra. The most important thing is that the future brings you, not what you want, but what you need.

Rosa :)
  5. Mitra

Mitra New Member

Thank you, everyone, it means a lot to me that I have support for this decision. My mother is anything but supportive of it right now, even though she was the one that strictly wanted me to get an education. But I know this is how I want it, even though finding a new job will be hard now -_-
  6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wow. Your Mom's one tough customer. :wink: 8)