Salsa > Roll Call - LA Congress attendance!

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tj, Apr 4, 2005.

1. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

the huntington library & gardens are actually in san marino, ca. which is where henry huntington resided. huntington beach is actually named for him though - it's a great area, but it was inaccessible until huntington (railroad baron) built a rail line into the area. but huntington beach is about a 45 minute drive away from where i live.

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I will dance with you Lita, if you can excuse my hairy armpits, hairy legs and hairy upper lip :raisebro: I haven't defuzzed for the past 6 months :wink:

3. meagalita

meagalita New Member

you can add me to the list lita, of course i'll dance with you, unless it's nearing 4am; in that case you'll have to barely do any patterns and just keep me from falling over from sleep deprivation ;).

4. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Lita, you posted again on DF! Yay! So when I come to Paris we won't dance???

5. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Of course we will !

Starting in two weeks (I'm recovering from a sprained right wrist and thumb), I'll start dancing again.

I probably won't be on top of my game for LA, but I'll be ready to greet you comes June :D

6. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Super! I am already envisioning our great dances! :roll: :oops:

7. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'll be in town from the 25th-30th. Plan to do a ton of sightseeing, shopping, and hopefully some beach volleyball during the day.

Meagalita, this time around I'll wear stronger sunblock on the first day! :wink:

8. Vin

Vin New Member

Beto, do you know all the DF peeps going to the congress?

9. Beto

Beto Active Member

I've met Meagalita and Africana a few times already. Last year's LA Congress, the Salsagang picnic, the NYC Congress and the SF Congress are where I've met and danced with them.

10. Vin

Vin New Member

Looks like a bunch of us will depend on you to make some introductions.
    BTW its been a couple of days for you, you gonna make it out tonight?

11. Beto

Beto Active Member

That seems to be what I do a lot of lately. But I like making introductions so that's cool.

Nah, I've got no desire to hit Z-bar tonight. I will probably stay in tonight as I'm recovering from the weekend and last night's practice.

12. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

depending on your skill level, you might want to try manhattan beach by the pier.

13. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'll make a note of that for this year.

Last year we played at Hermosa Beach. The DC crew I was hanging with played against some locals.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=104340103105&photoid=201050103105

We lost by 2 points and damn, we were proud of it! :D :rocker:

14. meagalita

meagalita New Member

beto, this time since i know you, sign me up to be in your cuddle harem .:ladiesma:

15. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

:)

the serious players play doubles primarily. i no longer have the hops nor the inclination to compete at that level anymore. what kills me is that karch is 8 days older than i am.

16. Vin

Vin New Member

Beto, we need to start calling you BP

17. Beto

Beto Active Member

:shock: :oops: *ahem* I would like that. :D

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

I don't play competitively, tsb. The only time I *will* play volleyball is on sand or at a beach. Before last year's congress it had been like 6 years since I'd played. I'm doing it more for the fun and the experience than anything else. :)

19. africana

africana New Member

oh yeah beto does know everybody...

we call all also arrange to meet at a workshop as I'm planning on attending every single one that I possibly can - who needs sleep?? :lol:

CANT WAIT!!!

20. tj

tj New Member

I'm sorry but we already have someone called BP... maybe we can call him BP2?
    :lol:

With the large number of DF folk going, I'm thinking it might be easiest having those that know each other introduce the others. The question being: how do the ones who don't know any of the others get introduced?

Setting up a specific time and place sounds like a logistical nightmare, personally...

Thoughts, opinions?