Salsa > Roll Call - LA Congress attendance!

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tj, Apr 4, 2005.

1. XtremeSalsa

XtremeSalsa New Member

Saturday & possibly Sunday Night!!!

2. Beto

Beto Active Member

Mmmkay. Closer to the time of the congress I'll make an announcement to that effect. A lot to coordinate, y'know. :)

3. Reggaemambo

Reggaemambo New Member

LA Congress roll call

I will definitely be in attendance. I arrive on Wed May 25 th and I return to NYC on Mon May 30th in the early morning. A DF reunion sounds like a great idea. Send me a message and let me know as I don't often get a chance to check the forum. Thanks and see you guys soon

4. Kindra

Kindra New Member

I'm feeling so jealous right now, I can hardly stand it!!!!
    I wanna go... grrrrrr. Work, why must we work? :headwall:

5. Vin

Vin New Member

We work to support our salsa, why else would anyone work?

6. aragonh

aragonh New Member

Ha Ha

My work is Cool. They are cool w/ me taking days of for the Congress . . . . well they dont know its the congress but what they dont know wont hurt them!!

7. TICA

TICA New Member

haha... that's right... we work so that we can buy dance shoes

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Hi Reggaemambo! Lovely to see you. :D

Can those who are attending please check the details of the very first post of this thread please, to see if their names are there with the dates they are arriving and any helpful notes for making contact eg. Reggaemambo asking to be PMed/Emailed as he does not get a chance to login often.

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Time is fast approaching! Who is packed already? :wink:

10. tj

tj New Member

Two weeks away!

(I updated the first page.)

11. TICA

TICA New Member

I have my new shoes!! ::breaking them in::

12. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

I can't make it there this year but I hope
    everyone has a great time! [​IMG]

13. africana

africana New Member

man I'm getting more and more excited about congress!! I went shopping (again) yesterday :oops: and I'll start packing soon!
    anyway, did we settle on how/where to meet? guess I'll just grab Beto when I see him, make introduce those he knows (and anyone who doesn't know him maybe pm him or TJ with your info/pic)

14. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Hey all !

One week away, and honestly, the only thing I am thinking about nowadays is :

If I still could, I'd probably cancel the trip :(

As I've said in other topics, I have danced very litle over the last 6 months.

a few weeks back, I went to Germany, and wanted to dance with local dancers. That thought really got me amped, and I thought I was back on the salsa train.

But I only got one evening's worth of my "salsa Fix" and haven't felt nearly as content from dancing since.

I'm afraid the "burnout" has not left me yet. Though I am looking forward to the time away from work, away from Paris, away from everything, I don't know if I'll be dancing that much.

So DF follow, I guess what I'm saying is this :

I'm looking forward to meeting you all, and right now, getting to dance with you is the sole dancing part of the trip I am sincerly looking forward to. But I can't garanty I'll be a great lead and I'll offer wonderfull dances, so please, don't expect to much of me. (and please, be honest : if you don't enjoy the dance, be honest about it ;) )

15. TICA

TICA New Member

I really would hate not to get to meet you folks while you're in my town from so far away. And considering that you will be in a new town, it is difficult to have you go here or there so we can meet. What should we do? a pre party at a hotel room before one of the evenings? or a super late Dennys thing as we had discussed? or should we switch cell phone numbers? what would work best? since Beto is missing in action, maybe we should take over :p

16. Leah

Leah New Member

TICA - good idea. Why don't we just pick a time and a place, and meet there?

For example, we could all meet in the lobby of the main congress hotel (LA Mariott) and then grab a bite to eat? Unless someone knows of a better place?

Timing: Don't know who is doing afternoon workshops, nor do I know the arrival time of those coming in on Friday. But it is probably better if we meet up earlier in the congress rather than later, right? How about:

Friday noon
    Friday late-night (2AM? earlier?)
    Saturday noon

Here is the schedule in case you want to see how that jives. http://www.alberttorresevents.com/congress/2005/schedule.asp

Let's just get some feedback and pick a time that seems to work best.

Meanwhile if you PM me your cell phone #s, I will PM you back with mine, so we can coordinate in case someone needs to be late, etc.

17. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Lobby of the Mariott sounds perfect for me (going to be hanging there a lot anyways, at least every morning for breakfast by the pool, and every evening between workshops and party to shower and get changed)

How about half an hour before the begining of the Party ?

That would give those coming back from the worckshops enough time to get there, and those only going to the party will only have to get there 35 minutes early (don't have to mess up there whole schedule).

At the same time, it would allow for a maximum of DFers to meet before the first party even begins, hence dance together the first night.

(and of course, no Cell Phone for most non-US DFers...)

18. TICA

TICA New Member

the beginning of which party? which day Thursday or Friday?

19. africana

africana New Member

good ideas ladies - Tica I think you already have my cell phone que no?
    I'll be there thursday evening so I'd hate to wait till friday ;) so right now, i think I'm gonna find a picture of myself to pm you guys (think tall africa chick :lol: ), and also my cell for those I don't knowin the US

We can also plan to meet in the lobby thursday evening before the first live band performance (around 10pm?)

Lita - don't worry about the dancin, it's gonna be all good,
    plus you have 4 nights to impress me :p j/k!! I totally understand cuz I've been a tad burned out lately, and I do get nervous when I feel like I have to impress someone else (unless the music is very intense, which hopefully it'll be!!)

Leah: Friday @ noon also sounds good, we could do lunch :)

20. TICA

TICA New Member

I'll know if I have your cell phone number or not the minute you tell me who you are :oops: :cry: