Salsa > Roll Call - LA Congress attendance!

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tj, Apr 4, 2005.

1. africana

africana New Member

:lol: I'll just have to call you then since ur that popular :lol:

2. TICA

TICA New Member

I just dont know who 'africana' is... :cry:

3. africana

africana New Member

heeeh!! this is quite fun :) I even been at your house, ate your food (very delicious btw) :lol:
    check your pm

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the entertainment! And the "Who is Africana?" saga continues.. :lol:

5. TICA

TICA New Member

should I tell everybody now? ::devilface::

6. africana

africana New Member

:lol: and here I thought you knew all along
    well see you again in 9 days!

7. meagalita

meagalita New Member

LA congress room sharing for a sweet guy?

hey there lovelies, if anyone has space for a polite sweetheart of a guy from friday night through sunday night please pm me; he'd like to share expenses rather than get his own room somewhere. thanks!

8. meagalita

meagalita New Member

also i'll be arriving friday afternoon so if people would like to meet on friday or saturday at the marriott please let me know.
    xo, meaganne

9. Leah

Leah New Member

I think it would be good to wait until most people have arrived (seems like Friday afternoon). Any time we pick will interfere wih *something...* It's just a matter of choosing what fits best, with most peoples' schedules.

So how about Friday late afternoon-ish? Say 5PM?

Or else Saturday noon?

10. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Yep, I hear you. Only what I'm worried about isn't so much "impressing" anyone as "not spoiling it" for anyone.
    The way I' feeling about dancing these days, I just hope I can provide a decent (I'm actually aiming for enjoyable here, but let's be realistic) dance.

And as much as I'd like to have lunch with you guys, 12:00 seems like cutting it awfully short for those of us that want to be attending the first workshop at 1:00 (and in case you were wondering, yes, I am actually that slow at everything I do ;) )

11. TICA

TICA New Member

Friday at 5 pm I will be at the airport picking up someone from Canada that'll be staying at my house during Congress.

I vote for Friday around 9 pm... we can meet at the lobby and have a drink or somehting before start dancing..

good idea or bad idea?

12. africana

africana New Member

I think we need someone to just make an "executive" decision, and mind you there's nothing wrong with >1 DF mtg. But whoever makes the final call, keep the schedule of events in mind - I'd suggest picking times before/after the shows, the competition and the concerts.

with that, here's friday's schedule of events

1:00pm - 4:00pm: Salsa Workshops
    Salsa workshop with top instructors from around the world.

4:00pm - 6:00pm: Afternoon dance performances
    Come and support the performers from around the world.

7:00pm - 8:00pm: Dance competition

8:30pm - 10:00pm: Evening dance performances (show #1)

10:00pm - 11:25pm: Diego Gale Y King Bongo (1st appearance in the USA)

11:30pm - 1:00am: Evening dance performances (show #2)

1:00am - 2:30am: Bobby Valentin Y Su Orquesta

2:30am - 4:00am: International DJ's

13. TICA

TICA New Member

gosh... LOL

3 am the night of Friday/morning of Saturday at the Dennys on Century Blvd... that seems to be the only time

haha

14. africana

africana New Member

girl I meant to say "in between the shows, competition, etc", like at 4pm before the afternoon shows, or at 10pm before the concert, as opposed to in the middle of events

ok whatever you guys decide is ok with me

15. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

How is 3am even possible since dancing goes on until 4 ?

Anyway, I'm not interested in afternoon shows (already enough of those in the evening) and I am rather curious of the Dance Competition (at least for the first day)

So that puts me at the mariott (and somewhere to grab a byte) between 4 and 7 in order to shower and get changed.

Ready to meet up with anyone (and go grab a byte together) during that time off of salsaland.

Actually, I'm going to make a stand and say the rendez-vous is 6:00 PM in the lobby (gives time to those willing to watch the shows to see most of them, and time for those who want to see the competition to see most of it).

16. TICA

TICA New Member

well I figured by 3 am perhaps it'd be ok to leave the DJ dancing and go have breakfast! just a lil sacrifice for the sake of meeting each other? :?

17. Leah

Leah New Member

i think 6PM on Friday sounds good.

we could find each other in the LAX mariott sports bar ("champions."). what do you think - any takers?

L

18. africana

africana New Member

Works for me!
    (And TICA I'm also up for breakfast after festivities)

19. Leah

Leah New Member

yep, for sure.... in addition to the 6pmp friday plan, if anyone else wants to organize a second gathering at a time that works better for them, i am likely to come along to that too.
    :) L

20. Beto

Beto Active Member

Okay, have finally had a chance to read everything in this thread. A lot of y'all are picking spots to meet up @ given times and while that may work in theory, some of us have tech rehearsals, last minute plan changes (the norm at congresses) as things pop up, or performances to be at.

I have a tech rehearsal at 8am on Friday (I get into Los Angeles at 12noon on Wednesday) and a performance between 4-6pm Friday afternoon.

Those of you who want to meet up or try to rendezvous (like at Champion's in the Marriott as Leah put forth), pm me your cell phone numbers and I'll pm you mine.

Meagalita and Africana, the moment I spot you two (or vice versa), we can group up or figure out what else and where else everyone is trying to rendezvous.