Salsa > Rueda

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by MadamSamba, Oct 19, 2003.

1. devane

devane New Member

We have 2 "setentas" but there could be more.
    "setenta" & "setentanta complicada".
    The thing is I have forgotten what the "setenta complicada" is like. But because I can go to every class (good to master leading) from beginners to advanced it will eventuallly come around again.
    Our classes have changed to do more rueda.

I must put up a list of moves we do. It would be interesting to see what move names are universal.

actually I just remembered there are other setentas.
    There is "setenta y dos" also. I can't remember how it goes though.

2. angelbaby

angelbaby New Member

went to salsa last nite. lots of the rueda group there as usual. organiser of rueda said to us he had "missed" us last wk (as we left early when it got too much) so i told him how we really enjoyed his calm teaching approach but not the shrill harpies that take over. glad i cld give him feedback and he was cool with it. just said that that was what N**** was like (ie harpie #1). noticed too that other rueda ppl were very welcoming and understanding (guess we not the only ones who find it a bit too full on at class). ended the nite doing a social rueda together and it was good (thanks for the setenta tips :wink: ). also found out no rueda this wk as they are off to performance so that means we can tango to our hearts content and try rueda again the following wk.

and yes there are a number of setentas - as there are a number of many of the other steps.

cheers