Dancers Anonymous > Running club anyone?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by africana, Jul 20, 2005.

1. africana

africana New Member

hey proud grandma moments :D good for you!

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Well the recovery is still in process. The cough is really hanging in there and I keep having congestion issues, too. Therefore, just went for another walk today, but I hope to return to running by the weekend, if possible.

3. DancePoet

Still no running this week. The cold hasn't been fun. I've been doing some light walking just to keep the muscles loosened up, but afraid if I run, then things will be to vigoruous and drive stuff down into my lungs. Oh well. :roll:

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Oh! It usually loosens things up for me, when I run.

5. africana

africana New Member

I went running once in Brooklyn at Prospect park this weekend. I got lost but got in about 30-45 mins :)

6. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I just bought my dh a Timex Ironman watch for his birthday. It has a speed and distance system so we can figure out how much slower we are running as we are getting older! My son has one and says it works great -- although he is 30 and not worried about getting slower yet.

7. africana

africana New Member

nice. I need to get an odometer to know exactly how long I run, and how fast.

went out today, for the first time in about a week

8. africana

africana New Member

who's still running ?? :)

I am, and my body is complaining! early morning runs make me so drowsy at work all day. this means I'm not in as great shape as I could be

9. DancePoet

I have experienced this, but I've also had running drive the cold deeper into my chest as well. :(

10. DancePoet

Well with that horrible cold and then on an extended road trip vaca, not much running lately.

However, I'm back to my almost daily walks, throwing in a bit of a jog, and I'm sure I'll be abck to more consistent running again soon. :D

11. africana

africana New Member

went running twice this weekend, about 7-8 miles total.

Yesterday @6:30am, about 3.5, today same time, about 4mi, but quite slow today. I've been doing the weekdays with friends, but they're too fast that one some days like this morning I go alone

1 person likes this.
  12. DancePoet

I was going to send you some love africana, but I already used up my 10 votes for this morning. I'll keep you on my list for next time.

As of yesterday 6 days in a row. I'll probably run again this evening, too. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  13. africana

africana New Member

cool :)
    I made a last minute decision to attend a wedding which means I have to spend hours in an airplane, which means I should probably go running tomorrow as it'll be my last opportunity to do so for a few days

14. DancePoet

Well ... hmmm ... how shall I say it? Hmmm ... perhaps just saying that I got sidetracked shopping with the SO this evening, we got tired, and thus we decided not to go running. :(

15. africana

africana New Member

it's ok I'missed my shot yesterday morning too. but in my defense I had a LONG day of travelling (let me just say that public transportation is exhausting! took several buses and trains to get to the airport...argh)

16. africana

africana New Member

yoohoo where mah dawgs at? :lol:

Been going almost every other day, but lately I haven't done long runs (i.e. mroe than 2-3 miles) due to minor illness

17. africana

africana New Member

back the trails this morning after a 3-day break :)

18. DancePoet

The heat has made things diffcult. When I was younger, I ran no matter what. Of course in those days I could likely handle it better, too, and I was far more motivate at the time with all the competing that I was doing. Now it seems hard to choose to run in the excessive heat, yet it is likely better that I not keep that habit anyway, the furhter along I move towards those latter years. :cool:

Fit in a walk yesterday just to get back to moving. There is tell of less hot weather over the weekend so perhaps I'll return to running then. :raisebro:

19. africana

africana New Member

If you can bear to get up at 6am (LOL) then the heat can be avoided! last week we had the most awful spell of heat/humidity, but surprisingly it was always cool & pleasant in the wee hours or late evenings.
    I hate running in the sun, gives me a headache, so mornings it is (until perhaps the fall then i might do early evenings)

20. DancePoet

Actually I've been getting up at 5:30am, and this really would be one of the best times to run.

Well it's been two days in a row now after the walk on Thursday, and nothing on Friday. So hopefully I get get a good streak going now.