Dancers Anonymous > Running club anyone?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by africana, Jul 20, 2005.

1. africana

africana New Member

been out of it since the weekend, sprained my heel. plus it's hard to wake up from my new mattress :D

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Bummer. :friend:

It looks like you and I might be the only ones remaining in this club. :(

Been out four days in a row now. Hope to be out this evening, too. :cool:

3. africana

africana New Member

back out this morning :)

Yup we are the last ones standing...or "running" :lol:

4. DancePoet

Been running I think like 9 out of the last 10 or 11 days, and going this evening, too. :banana:

5. chandra

chandra New Member

*looks down at stomach*

*must* *go* running*

6. DancePoet

Back from my run, showered, a having alittle bit of strawberry ice cream. :D

7. africana

africana New Member

having been nursing the sprained ankle/heel. I wasn't even able to do yoga
    It doesn't hurt in upright position on the balls, with no twisting, so I want to try the running track again

8. DancePoet

Be careful. Rest and you shall run again.

I've been running well only missed a couple of days in the last two weeks. I'm actually thinking of lengthening my runs a little.

9. DancePoet

Eeek! Haven't posted to this thread in two weeks. :oops:

Well at least my running has still continued. I have lenthened a couple of my runs along the way, and I'm getting ready to add more over the next few weeks. Seems like this will have been the most I've run during an entire month in a long time. Even last year I hadn't run as much in a month as I'm doing now. Want to try to take this through the winter, and maybe step it up some more next year.

10. DancePoet

How's your running going?

11. DancePoet

Still keeping pace with my running, and slowly edging up the length of the runs. Need to get over a cold beofre doing more at the moment though.

When I was younger, I'd run right through a cold, but over the years I've noticed this only seems to lengthen the illness. So I tend to stop running when I encounter the nasty things now.

12. DancePoet

Well, since the last time I checked in on this thread, my running has become almost non-exisitent. Not good. Been doing some walking, and my weight is still hovering around 185 to 187 now. So lost 5 pounds since I started keeping track. Probably more due to the reduction in portion size rather then any exercise. Oh well. Better then not losing any at all.

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Totally unrelated:

Did I ever tell you about my friend Phany (pronounced Pahn-knee?) Goodness, I loved her. She fled Cambodia as a child, at the very end of the Vietnamese war. It's a miracle she and her brother made it out alive.

Anyway, when I met her, she was a grown-up, mature, married woman, who sang the praises of a side benefit of marriage -- something she called "skin blanket." Wait for a minute. You'll get it. :cool: Skin blanket and running aren't mutually exclusive ... but almost. :lol:

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I started up a while back, and then slipped down the two steps from my kitchen to entry hallway. Got nasty blister and so did not do anything sinec then. Must restart, though....

15. pygmalion

Interesting. No responses to the skin blanket thing. Hmm. :lol:

I know ... no. I'd better not say. :raisebro: :lol:

16. DancePoet

Slipped down two steps, and only got a blister?

My walking will edge itself up to running again. Need to keep fit till next spring and then start increasing the mileage.

17. pygmalion

*giggle*

18. DancePoet

Did some more walking this past week.

Might get back into some running over the course of the next week, or two? ;) :lol:

19. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

No one done any running? Been running twice a week for the past couple weeks...I"m taking it easy and doing about 8 10 min miles. Sometimes I do intervals during my run...sometimes just a steady pace...mixing it up in order not to get bored.

20. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Did a little on the treadmill yesterday. I have to do intervals, though, as my knees just can't handle consistent running for long terms. I basically do it to get my heart rate up so I can build stamina needed for lasting through 5 dances.

However, my gym got this new machine called a Treadclimber, which I find kicks butt on a regular treadmill. This is it:

http://www.nautilusinc.com/consumer...ilus+Commercial+Series+TreadClimber+TC916.jsp

I did about 20 minutes on it last night and I could feel it in my butt, calves and thighs the entire time. A marvy workout!