Salsa > Salsa & Beer

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by TheGuy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. TheGuy

TheGuy New Member

Hi Guys

Been reading here for a while.

I just have one question.

Usually when I go out to Salsa parties I usually tend to drink around 3 or 4 beers. Now the beers doesn't really make me drunk it just acts as a social lubricant and I tend to joke a round a bit more after a few. Getting in sync with the music is also a little easier.

Now I have found that salsa parties are one of the only social situations that I have been to where most of the people don't drink at all. So I know that when someone had a few drinks you can smell it. Does this bother the non drinkers even though I chew chewing gum?

Also any other thoughts?

2. Dupont

Dupont Member

This is an illusion. The seemingly better "syncing" exists only in the eye of the beer drinker. You can convince yourself by filming yourself.

3. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

I just hope you "chew " in time with the music !:rolleyes: .

And, Im also sure you drive much better after 4 beers .

4. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

..and clearly implies that alc does work and got an effect on everyones communication, behavior and other mental processes !
    It´s only virtually easier because you don´t realize any discrepancy any more.
    Yes and no. Some want to let off steam, others want to socialize, others simply flirt. As many reasons there are to dance salsa as many different venues, occasions, and fiestas.
    Some does some not.

5. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

How long are these salsa parties? 3-4 beers over the course of a 4+ hour event wouldn't be noticeable at all.

As far as partners go, as long as you are not being sloppy, risky, or gropy, I doubt they care. I don't mind the smell of alcohol on someone as long as they don't smell like BO AND alcohol. :)