Salsa > Salsa Dresses

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by london1996, Nov 22, 2004.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Sounds like P's been groped. :x I was thinking more along the lines of showing off you lovely bottom every time you spin. :shock: Also something I, personally, would prefer to avoid. But hey. To each her own. :lol: :lol:

2. Sabor

Sabor New Member

hey it wasn't me i swear!!

i grope with both hands not just one!

:lol:

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

If you're a student, Jubilee Market in Covent Garden has some really cute stuff at bargain prices(not large sizes, though). I bought 3 SEXY tops there that I wear with pants for dancing. There are a bunch of shops on Oxford/Regent streets, too, from stuff like Esprit to designer brands.

4. lundasalsa

lundasalsa New Member

Now, girls, girls, girls... There are guys reading your posts as well. Let's keep a bit of mystery, okay? :D :D :D

5. Pacion

Pacion New Member

No, that is not what I mean. :lol: Add the guy's hand just below your waist and movement and the material of your skirt may rid up and before you could say bachata, you could be on your way to maximum exposure and "popularity" with the other guys on the dancefloor, for all the wrong reasons :wink:

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

And there I was thinking you had six hands :roll: :twisted: (or maybe you just move at the speed of lightening) :wink: :lol:

7. Agua Dulce

Agua Dulce New Member

Hello everyone :together: .
    I have enjoyed your posts for quite some time, and would like to add to this extremely important subject ! (- and please forgive my "english" :oops: )

THE salsadress is first and foremost smooth, flexible, showing your figure and not too warm.
    The skirt should "embrace" your waist and hips but be "swaying" in the lover part, so that it will "follow you" in your moves/spins.

I think the dress should have a certain "balance" of covering/disclosing your skin, similar to the latin female art of "seducing-but-on-the-same-time-beeing-utterly-innocent (and desinterestet)" of which we non-latinas can learn a lot ! :notworth: Dont believe that "less is more" like the "ballroom latin-dancers" (sorry guys) !
    However i can recommend keeping the shoulder/back somwhat naked, which give you a good impression of the hands that are holding you! :raisebro:

The material I found pleasant (and dont show sweatstains) is viscosis, polyamine and silk. If the fabric is "diagonally cut" you will get that smooth sensation of the dress clinging to your body 8).

I can certainly support the recomendation of trying the dress on dancing first. I have had several terrible experienses :oops: , also remember not to wear theese superlong-fashion-sleeves that wont allow your leader to grab your hands/wrists.

The overall impression of the salsadress I (again) think should represent the "latino ambience". Depending on mood and occasion either sensual, melancholic or something I cant define wery well like "colorfull/fiesta/fertile-kind-of-thing" (can somebody help me out please...)

MOST omportant however is:
    1. Show your figure
    2."Work it". No matter how you look in a disclosing dress, wear it with natural pride. Thats what makes you beatyfull.( Think I prooved it myself :? )
    3. Make sure it dont fall off!

8. pygmalion

Hi Agua Dulce! Welcome. Thanks for your input on the dresses. Some good points. :D

9. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

excuse the english agua dulce? you can teach me some pointers! :)

Bienvenida a Los Foros de Baile!!! :)

10. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Thats exactely what I am trying to do :lol: :lol: :lol: . Concealing some parts leaving space enought for the imagination.

Agua Dulce, amen :notworth:
    You have described the true nature of a salsadress. Fullt läsbart/completely readable. Welcome to DF.

/Luc

11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome Agua Dulce! :) Sweet/Candy Water.....mmmm... :wink: :)

12. Agua Dulce

Agua Dulce New Member

Bienvenida a Los Foros de Baile!!! :)[/quote]
    Encantada Boriken! By the way, love your Gallery :oops:

13. Agua Dulce

Agua Dulce New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome! certainly nice to be communicating :)

Happy birthday Drazenka! Hope you are having a great time.
    I cant wait to hear which dress you found....

14. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Thank you, thank you!!! :D :D :oops:

15. Sagitta

Oh!! Another saggi on the same day as myself!! :D

16. pygmalion

Yup, Drazenka. Do tell. How'd the birthday bash go? 8)

17. Agua Dulce

Agua Dulce New Member

Well, well! So sorry I missed it! Seems we have discovered :banana: SALSATWINS :banana: in the forum!

Happy birthday to you too Sagitta! :D

18. Sagitta

Gracias!

19. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

20. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Yeah girls, wear that one at your own risk. :? Do a spin and everything flies away or out. :lol: :lol: