Salsa > Salsa in Berlin

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Lita_rulez, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Hey all !

I'll be in Berlin next week, and I was wondering if you guys had any advice to spare as to where to go dancing on what day ?

2. On Thursdays and Sundays go to Soda Club and on Friday and Saturday to Havanna. Havanna has three dance floors, one only for salsa.
    Soda Club is in the Neue Kulturbrauerei - Knackstraße in Prenzlauer Berg. Havanna is in Schöneberg.

When we were there last August, DJ Ronny played in Soda Club and on Friday in Havanna. He was a great (!) DJ and we danced until we dropped. We did not like the DJ on Saturday in Havanna, but that is a matter of taste, I guess.

This weekend Ronny will be DJing on the salsa boat in Offenbach (Frankfurt) and, of course, we will be there!

Check the links unter Clubs in Berlin: http://www.el-ritmo.de/panorama.html

Here more salsa in Berlin: http://www.salsa-berlin.de/

I hope you will have as much fun as we had!

Marita

3. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure I'll go dancing all that much, since I have not been dancing for the past few months, I probably can't hold my own anyways.

But still, it'd be a shame to go to a new town that has an active salsa scene and not get a taste of it :)

4. JimmyGermany

JimmyGermany New Member

I think the best salsa club in Germany is Havana in Berlin. Also Stuttgart and München has very very good Clubs to dance Salsa.

I was for an example last week in 7grad in Stuttgart and it was crazy. A lot of good dancers there.

A very good and timely overview you will find at Salsaland.de

Best Regards
    Jimmy

5. Arnecito

Arnecito New Member

Here is a late entry for a question from 2005 but if someone is interested: the best Salsa club in Berlin is by far the Soda club. Thursdays and Sundays it is amazing. You have 4 floors:
    1. Mambo Club in first floor left
    2. Kizomba in first floor right
    3. Cuban style in second floor, front
    4. Bachata in second floor, behind
    Many people on a Thursday night. It starts at 7pm with introduction classes but I recommend to come at 11pm. Stay until 2am if you can afford a late night visit of a club in a work week. Check it out.