Salsa > Salsa in DC

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Kindra, Jan 27, 2005.

1. tj

tj New Member

Welcome to DF, Leah! I don't think we've met?

I'm planning on going to the BD, myself. I'll see you and Beto there.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Re: Another new DC salsera here!...

To you too. Welcome. :D

3. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Hi Leah!

I saw you last night at the Barking Dog, but never had a chance to introduce myself to you.

How long have you been in DC??

4. tj

tj New Member

What a great night last night!

I enjoyed meeting and dancing with you, Leah. Save me a dance next time we're both out...

(And I enjoyed my dances w/you, too, Kindra).

5. Kindra

Kindra New Member

:wink: Thanks tj! I thought we had some great dances!

Vin- Thanks for the cha cha!! I've definitely been needing to bust out my moves... :lol:

6. Leah

Leah New Member

barking dog....

.... yes, it was fun last night! TJ - great to meet you and will definitely see you on the dancefloor again (you should come out on Tuesdays more often...!). Thanks for the dances Van, Beto... and Kindra, we'll have to meet next time. Oh - and I moved (officially) to Bethesda around Christmastime. Coming from a place with lots less (accessible) salsa, I've been having a blast... how about you? Where are you from, and how are you liking DC?
    :)
    Leah

7. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Yes, I'm loving it!! I moved from Amishville (aka Lancaster), PA...not the best scene for Salsa. ;) I'm really enjoying all that DC has to offer!

8. Leah

Leah New Member

Hey, anyone know what's on for tonight? Gotta dance but I've never checked out any of the "regular" Saturday places....

Had fun at Divino last night, thanks for the dances Beto :D

9. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'm glad that you did. I wasn't having my best night (I think it's just something in my head messing with me) but my dances with you were my highlight for the evening.

10. tj

tj New Member

A little late with this...

Anyway, I usually go to Club Yuca if there's nothing else going on. YMMV, like last Saturday where the music was about 2/3rds Merengue, and 10% salsa.

11. Leah

Leah New Member

Thanks guys!! :D

And hey, the last two nights have been AWESOME - great dances, Beto, Vin, and TJ - and nice to finally meet you Kindra! I think we're all going to sleep veeeeery well tonight. :wink:

12. tj

tj New Member

Aaagh. I don't think I'm going to make it tonight, but if I do, that'll be 5 out of the past 6 nights.

I feel full fledged addiction setting in!

And yes, the past two nights were tremendous!

13. Kindra

Kindra New Member

It was great meeting you as well Leah! Look forward to seeing you out and about. :)

Hehe...you've been cooped up with sickness too long!

It sounds like the Barking Dog was great...

14. sunderi

sunderi New Member

Will someone PM me the next time we have some DC DF-ers getting together somewhere local? I'd love to join up if that would be ok. I just don't make it onto the forums every day -- but I'll get an email if someone sends me a PM. :)

I'm a ballroom person, not a salsa person, but I'll do my best. :)

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

Oh yeah, BD was great last night. So great that I forgot to set my alarms when I got home. :oops: However it was an awesome night. I can't remember the last time I danced so much or without taking a breather between songs! Hope you can make it out next time, Kindra. :D

16. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Grrr....Why did I decide to stay home?!?! :D

17. Beto

Beto Active Member

Communication break down? Perhaps Vin, tj and I failed to inform you that we were all headed to BD last night? That must be it. Just like it's Vin's fault and my fault that tj is coming out on so many consecutive nights. :wink:

18. Kindra

Kindra New Member

It's def. your fault!! Don't do it again! :wink:
    Oh and next time I'm not there, refrain from rubbing it in that it was SOOO amazing!! hehe...j/k. :lol: :lol:

19. tj

tj New Member

Yes, darnit! I need to get some sleep...

:lol:

20. Beto

Beto Active Member

Hence my alarm comment. Silly me, I was so wired from dancing last night that I was reading in bed after I got home. And then promptly passed out. D'oh! :oops:

Duly noted. Won't happen again. :)