Salsa > Salsa in DC

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Kindra, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Vin

Vin New Member

Z-bar roll call

2. Kindra

Kindra New Member

I'm out...no Z-bar for me for awhile. I haven't enjoyed that place.. ;( Weird vibe there.

3. Leah

Leah New Member

yeah i'm with kindra on that one.... plus a little rest tonight will be a good thing :)

4. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Leah...maybe you can help me understand what it is I don't like about that place. I can't quite put my finger on it...have you determined why you don't like Zanzibar?

5. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'll go back for the Women in Salsa event next month but for now I'm taking an extended hiatus from the place. The one thing I can think of, that I seem to not like about that place, is that I seem to spend more time standing around and socializing and trying to find a partner to dance with that someone else hasn't already snatched up than I do dancing. I'm all for socializing but the socializing to dance ratio is off for me with Z-bar.

6. Leah

Leah New Member

Let's see.... the first time I went there on a Wednesday I was in a skirt and was propositioned (but NOT for a dance - I actually spent lots of time standing around). The second time I wore jeans and was (rather tersely) turned away. I figure - I can't win ;)

In all seriousness though - that was when I first arrived so who knows, maybe it would be different this time around. I'd be up for another try. But Mon and Tues are enough for me - and at Clarendon and Barking Dog, I really like the people, the atmosphere, and I get to dance a lot! :banana:

7. tj

tj New Member

I need a night off too.

Have fun, Vin!

8. Vin

Vin New Member

Just got back, wish you all would have come out.

9. Kindra

Kindra New Member

How was Z-Bar?? Are you going to Habana Village tonight?

10. Vin

Vin New Member

I'm not allowed to say how it was :roll:

I will not be at Habana village, weather permitting I may go to cecilia's tonight. I may take a night off(gasps heard in the background).

11. tj

tj New Member

How much snow are we supposed to get?

12. Vin

Vin New Member

They are predicting 5-6 inches, beware the apocalypse

13. tj

tj New Member

Or at least the other drivers!

14. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Hehe....Vin- you better haul your butt out to HV.

As for the snow...I'm from Utah. I have nothing to say about 5-6" of snow. :lol: :lol:

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

I don't think an apocalype is nigh so it's probably the drivers you have to worry about :wink:

16. Leah

Leah New Member

Yay!!! Snow! This means I get to go SLEDDING later! :banana: Who's coming????

17. Beto

Beto Active Member

Timeframe? Hmm...a DF sledding party? Anyone? :)

18. Leah

Leah New Member

Mmmmm whenever - afternoon / early evening? (Who's really staying at work all day anyways???) ;)

(This is sweet vindication 'cause my housemates made fun of me for buying three sleds LAST week, well after the LAST snow :roll: )

19. Vin

Vin New Member

If I go anywhere it will be cecelia's. I am just not in the mood to deal with all that hv entails.

20. Kindra

Kindra New Member

You must explain....Driving, Parking? Or the scene itself?