Salsa > Salsa in DC

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Kindra, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

Vin, you mean the commute? Yeah, please explain. From what Shaka wrote recently, HV was the place to be last Thursday. Seeing as how my practice for tonight has been cancelled, I'm toying with the idea of going.

2. Vin

Vin New Member

driving, parking. The dancing is good if some people I know will be there.

Cecilia's is closer, has better parking situation, if it doesn't look good then going home is easy also.

3. tj

tj New Member

The roads are pretty clear at the moment. The snow is just melting as it hits the street.

4. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Hmmm...I can understand that.

As for me, I've really enjoyed my experiences there! Beto...you should come!

5. Vin

Vin New Member

I think Shaka was talking about Wednesdays and not Thursdays. Either way, it takes a little bit more to get me out to HV.

6. Beto

Beto Active Member

D'oh! I see that now (re-read his post on SC). Hmm. Will have to see as the day goes on. Snow's still coming down pretty fast here in downtown and if it keeps going at that rate I might stay in.

7. Leah

Leah New Member

Hmmmm... I do like Habana Village and have been meaning to go lately... will play this one by ear too depending on snow (and how tired I get sledding!!!!) :)

8. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Leah, No sitting on the fence....you must come!! :) Of course a day of sledding always tires me out, so I'll understand. But it would be sooo much fun!

Wed. nights at HV is supposed to be decent, eh?? **Might be my alternative to Z-bar then...

9. Leah

Leah New Member

10. Kindra

Kindra New Member

11. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Leah- It was great chatting with you last night....

I actually enjoyed myself, even though there wasn't a wide selection of leads to dance with last night..

Did you and Stephanie have fun?

12. Leah

Leah New Member

Yes! A bit of "girl time" is always appreciated, and the evening was busy despite the sparse dancefloor (though at least *Vin* had the decency to stop in :wink:). And Steph had a blast - HV is a great place to bring friends who dance casually.

Oh - and sledding was AWESOME so run out before the snow melts! See you all Sunday I imagine, if not sooner.

:bouncy:

13. Vin

Vin New Member

Stop in?

I was there more than an hour. I had a really good time despite the lack of people out. Thank you Leah and Kindra for the wonderful dances.
    I had to force myself to not grope either of you either of you out there.

Yeah Cecilia's shut down because of the snow and I am trying to keep my streak going. Anyone going to the happy hour this afternoon?

14. tj

tj New Member

HV is the farthest place for me, so it's unlikely that I'll be going there on a regular basis, and even less likely on nights with inclement weather.

I'm leaning towards going to H20 tonight. Either that or Divinos. Do I need to get on an RSVP list for H20?

15. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Hehe!! Vin... I told you I would be watching you...
    And thanks for the dances too...you'll have to tell Leanne (sp) I enjoyed dancing with her, she has a great lead!

No H20 for me tonight...I may do Yuca on Sat. but will def. be at the Tsunami benefit on Sunday. ( I had to work for my ticket!) :D

tj, vin, beto....what are you plans for Sunday??? Leah..when are you planning to show up?

16. Leah

Leah New Member

Yes, thanks for the dances Vin. I guess time just flew by while you were there. :D For tonight I had considered H20 but will probably end up at Divino, realistically (come to Divino TJ!!! Oh but for H20 - I think the guestlist is only if you want to show up after 9). As for Sunday, I'll probably head over late afternoon....

17. tj

tj New Member

Aw, I'd love to dance with you tonight, Leah, but I think something's gotta give here. There's stuff going on every day or night from tonight thru Tuesday, and I'm not gonna go to *all* of them.

Hmm, decisions, decisions.

18. Vin

Vin New Member

Infidel, how can you not go to all of them, shame on you.

19. Beto

Beto Active Member

[​IMG]

20. tj

tj New Member

Lol! :uplaugh: :roll:

I love it!
    :tongue: