Salsa > Salsa in the Junior Olympics

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by IsaacAltman, Apr 2, 2003.

1. IsaacAltman

IsaacAltman Member

Dancementor, I have a suggestion on spreading Salsa. Why don't the Promoters of Salsa give scholarships to the youth that attend their functions to compete at the Junior Olympics. Why don't Salsa Vendors do the same. One example of that is Dance Beat, the largest Dancesport newspaper in North America. They have provided a section called the Salsa Beat and support the Junior Olympics by providing scholarships for housing and such at the AAU Junior Olympic Games for youth World-Wide. Now that's what I am talking about. No long discussions, no endless red tape, no wishing, just straight forward action and putting their money where their mouth is!

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Isaac,
    Is there a website for the governing body of the Junior Olympics with a section discussing Salsa?

It would be great if you could provide some "official information".

(Note: I split this post to help in keeping things on topic, thereby allowing open discussion about the "Junior Olympics" AND "ruining salsa")

3. IsaacAltman

IsaacAltman Member

AAU

The AAU which was formed by an ACT of Congress in the 1800's and who is a voting member of the USOC, does not have a discussion board.(for G-d sakes, this is not Salsa Web! :roll: Comments can be sent to me directly at ialtman2002@ yahoo.com as I am the man in charge for the AAU when it comes to Salsa, Dancesport, and Swing. If you go to www.worldsalsafederation.com/page.html you can view and link to all Junior Olympic news.

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Thanks Isaac and good find SDsalsaguy!

I also used google. Looks like the AAU site is loaded with references to salsa:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=site:aausports.org+salsa

The reason I ask in the first place is because I wanted to add some authenticity and strength to what it means for salsa in the Junior Olympics. I can't seem to find a main "Junior Olympics" site. I guess that would be the AAU site, huh?