Salsa > salsa: lady's styling

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by samina, Dec 18, 2006.

1. naturallove

naturallove New Member

I loooove my tankass....now if they would only arrive

2. noobster

noobster Member

Hee, yeah they are. I had no idea guys were noticing what women had on their feet. Now I feel like I have to live up to my shoes! :D

Kai giati na mhn 3erw parakalw; ;)

Regarding Jai and Candy, I am pretty sure they are not teaching together anymore. I think Candy might be dancing with Yamulee. Not sure.

I got mine on your recommendation, naturallove. You were so right! :)

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I don't pay attention to those.

People notice mine, though, as I am almost always wearing flip flops. ;-) And then notice when I am not weraing them. :)

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ah, isai ellinida, eh? oraia... :) apo pou?
    kai signomi... auto then katalava: "3erw"
    mallon einai yiati ta ellinika mou einai halasmena :(

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

no...! really????

6. Legato Bluesummers

Legato Bluesummers New Member

I thought Candy was in Italy?

7. Sagitta

yup... And I feel the floor better with them - flip flops.

And now and then I see a lady wearing them....too. :)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

huh. well, i guess you're not spinning like the ladies are, so it could work...

can't imagine cbl'ing in ffs

9. Sagitta

Nope. I do turn myself though there aren't quite spins. Now and then I've been spun when I have followed and haven't found it holding me back...

10. naturallove

naturallove New Member

There was a fair amount of flip-flop dancing on the salsa cruise! I couldn't believe how people were dancing like that in flip-flops!

11. englezul

englezul New Member

The only place for flip flops is on the beach or at the pool. :p

Someone at a corporate dinner last week, came dressed up in a two piece formal suit, jacket and dress, underneath she was wearing a pink blouse, all spiced up with a turquoise purse, and silver plastic flip flops. Hilarious. No sense of style whatsoever.

Yeah, we do notice.

12. Sagitta

How about coming with the appropriate shoes and then changing to dance?

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

flip-flips have quite surprisingly become fashinable, although i don't care much for the look on me. my short legs benefit from heels... the more platform, the better ;)

but i bet someone with chutzpah & glam could pull off the suit/pink/turquoise/ff thing and make it work... (a la sex & the city... lol)

14. englezul

englezul New Member

LOL. NO WAY!! That thing doesn't look good from a mile away on a couldy night! Not only the colours and their shades had been randomly selected but that was a business suit. Like I said, flip flops are fashionable...at the beach or at the pool. And if you got the dolce and gabbana leather ones, if you're not in malibu on the coast you're too far from where flip flops are worn.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LOL

i would betcha anything she was trying for style and missed by a mile....

16. englezul

englezul New Member

Maybe it was laundry day...

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that bad, ay.

yeah, i have those days.

anyway, back to styling.... come on englezul... do you have any lady's styling prefs?

18. englezul

englezul New Member

I don't have specific expectations in terms of styling. I can't say I'm crazy about super styling your arms. Some followers really go over the top and it's like putting too much salt in your food. I like small, slow, and graceful moves, the kind that just suggest the styling, as opposed to being flamboyant. If you spice that up with some speed variation everyonce in a while I'll think it's cool.

I see alot of women trying to be femme fatale with their styling, they really push it, but really femme fatale leaves some room for anticipation too. They should just tone it down a bit, and be more graceful.

But I like most the little taps and hops, and some other rhythmical footwork ladies do when following.

19. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

Can someone tell me where these Tankaas or whatever can be found?

Yasu Ellenidas! Seeing that little bit of greek brings back warm memories! I had no idea how beautiful the greek language was until I took a trip to Greece. I LOVE foreign language, and sometimes think about taking greek classes, but there are so many other languages I also want to learn too, but yet I only have so much time. Que lastima! :--)

20. noobster

noobster Member

They are sold at Choco's and at Carlos Konig's, and I saw them at one of the Stepping Out Studios socials once too - forget who the sponsor was. There is always a table outside with shoes. If you like a constructed shoe you will love these. I don't really prefer that but these are super stable and they have really improved my dancing. www.tankaa.com

It's a little annoying to get a pair because the seller can only bring so many shoes, so she likely doesn't have the style you want in your size at the time you want it. You basically have to bug the proprietor to bring them for you. I think it took over two months from the time I started asking to the time she actually brought them - I had to bug her multiple times over email (info@tankaa.com) and in person. Totally worth it though.

Oh, don't bother learning Greek. It's totally useless unless you're planning to spend lots of time there, as nobody else in the world speaks it and its closest living relative is Armenian. :/ Seria mejor concentrarse bien en el espanol, para mi su valor habia sido inestimable. Plus it is like getting Italian for free and French at half price. ;)