Salsa > Salsa" threesomes"

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by vey, Feb 8, 2004.

1. msjanemas

msjanemas New Member

lol,

but of course it still happens. Always in NY and in dance socials. It does depend if you go to a stuffy night club. We use to call Casablanca, the one on B'way and 52nd St. the stuffy club, while at the Cheetah everyone dance with anyone. Casablanca's clientele consisted of bussinessmen who promoted themselves by handed out their cards hoping to influence the ladies. While the Cheetah was all about having a great time dancing the night away, learning right their on the dancefloor "the Lions Den." You were never asked could you dance? And if you uttered that you couldn't the men would still drag you to the den and say, "It's the only way to learn." Those were the good ole days.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Cheetah sounds good... :)

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

No -- just friends. Friends are great! :D

4. ElSereno

ElSereno New Member

This happens not that infrequently around here -- you'll see a guy dancing ith 2 ladies. I've even had a couple of lessons from Rohan Brown...

5. PAGALM3

PAGALM3 New Member

I guess I echo the feeling that a Salsa-Threesome definitely has its place and time. One thing I've seen from time to time is when the really good dancers start switching partners in and out to the point where even their gender doesn't matter. I've seen some dancers go from guy to girl without missing a beat since they can lead and be lead. It is quite a sight to see, although I have to admit that the homo-phobes have a sh*t fit and get all worked up :roll: even though the Salseros are just having a good time.

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Love your signature line, PAGALM3. Welcome to the forums. 8)

7. give_me_salsa

give_me_salsa New Member

I have both watched and participated in salsa threesomes. I find watching much more entertaining than dancing it (this is from a girl's perspective). If it's one guy dancing with two girls the moves must be simple. The girls usually throw in some styling or shines in their basic, but it's very limited. Guys usually find it a challenge and tend to like it much more.

I've also tried dancing with two guys and that was a fun roller coaster! One would dance with me for a few seconds while the other did shines, then the partner I was dancing with passed me over through a spin. I always come back exhausted after it.

8. Sagitta

Did a salsa threesome for one song yesterday night. Loads of fun as I started to relax. Now I wouldn't mind doing one every Latin night so I can get better at it. Soemthing different, you know. I like doing different things. :)

9. marques

marques New Member

I scanned thought the 60+ replies in search of any links to any DVDs on salsa threesomes.

Cultural Explosion will be conducting a threesome workshop tommorrow, but I will not be able to attend.
    http://www.laboriqua.com/dancingevents/events_live.asp#20050227

Does anyone know where I can buy a salsa threesome DVDs? I run a dance studio so getting the women to practice with will not be an issue :wink:

10. Sagitta

That's cool!! I wish I could do that too. :( I did a merengue threesome last night. Welcoem to df marques and now a DVD is also something that I would be interested in. Or maybe videoclips. I could slow them down or just keep on watching them over and over as I figure out how various moves are lead while keeping both followers happy.

11. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

My salsa teacher takes up 2 ladies, but only in lessons and purely for practical reasons (not enough leads). It looks like it could be fun, but I think the one on one intimacy is lost in a threesome.
    Bachata a trois? Would like to see you try that, Sabor!

Twilight Elena

12. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Bachata a trois - is that hard??? :D

Once we did a Merengue with seven girls :shock: and no guy 8) . All were dressed up in sexy black dresses and high heels. You should have seen the eyes we got. :wink:

/Luc

13. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I would say that bachata with 3 dancers would be hard, Lucretia! I can't even picture it in my head!
    7 sexy girls merengue is a cool notion. Now, where did I put those heels...

Twilight Elena

14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

so would i.. but, alas, not enough mirrors :wink:

15. HF

HF New Member

I was happy to join a workshop given by Ismael Otero on "1 man, 2 ladies" last year. It was a lot of fun and I think I should try it in real life sometimes.

If you are a leader and know another man good it can be very funny to recover the lady from him while dancing ... and give him the chance to get her back and so on. The ladies usually enjoy this very much ... :p

16. Sagitta

Switching of the follower from one man to another is often done with birthday dances. :wink: :)

17. devane

devane New Member

We have to do it occasionally when there are not enough guys in the class.
    I find it hard though to lead with my right hand. especially when you have to do 2 different things to each girl.
    It takes a lot of practice...
    No Me gusta mucho.....

18. Sagitta

lo siento! me lo gusta muchisimo.. :)

19. Sabor

Sabor New Member

why three?.. when u can have four :mrgreen:

20. Sagitta

Greedy!!