Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Samantha Harris Leaves “Dancing With The Stars”

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, Jan 28, 2010.

1. lacubs

lacubs Member

Samantha Harris will not be returning as co-host of “Dancing with the Stars” when the show’s new season begins on March 22. Harris, who has partnered with Tom Bergeron to helm the wildly popular reality series for the past eight seasons, is leaving to focus on projects, including correspondent work with “The Insider” and “Entertainment Tonight Weekend.” Since joining “Dancing with the Stars” in 2006, Harris has also worked at E!, played Roxie Heart in Chicago on Broadway, and guest hosted “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” http://www.gossipcop.com/samantha-harris-leaves-dancing-with-the-stars/

2. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Might save some wear and tear on my FF button.

3. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

She's moving to another hosting job? :shock:

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:banana: :banana: :banana:

5. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Ditto!

6. RickRS

RickRS Member

:uplaugh:

CNN entertainment report on Ms. Harris quote's Tom Bergeron proposing Samatha return as a contestant:

7. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Tom, PLEASE don't do that! Leave the arm twisting for someone who doesn't make your show unbearable to watch!

8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Actually, karma being what it is....hey, bring her back as a contestant! Just don't let her anywhere near the microphone.

Which male pro do we really not like?

9. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Kind of strange.... I have caught her on the travel channel shows and she is rather good... On DWTS she is awkard... Perhaps that what it is all about for her on this show. Just about what gown she is wearing and and reading a teleprompter....

I think this is a good move for her, doing what she does best. Unlike public broadcasting where the MC has time to discuss dance, DWTS is not that.... Really most people that watch this show dont care about dance technique and are more interested in the "stars.... Still if it brings new students into the ballroom to try something new then it had served its purpose.... Carry on.

10. lacubs

lacubs Member

Dancing Slot Down to Three Contenders Dancing With the Stars is one (quick)step closer to choosing a new cohost. E! News has learned that ABC has only three serious contenders to replace the departing Samantha Harris: Melissa Rycroft, Brooke Burke and Vanessa Minnillo. Each of the threesome has a connection to the show. Rycroft and Burke (who won the whole thing) were former contestants. Minnillo, meanwhile, is dating Nick Lachey, whose brother Drew won the disco ball trophy. "They're only testing those three on camera for now," a production insider tells E! News. "The testing will happen some time next week." If the casting session doesn't work out, ABC has a backup plan to "rotate past contestants" in the role as backstage interviewer, with Rycroft, Burke, Drew Lachey and Nancy O'Dell among those at the top of the list.

11. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Lord forgive me but GOOD RIDDENS.

I would LOVE to see Drew as host. <3

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Charlotte wanted that job after Season 1 and ABC/DWTS said "no". But I am sure she has moved on in life now and would not be interested.

13. SDsalsaguy

She would have been soooooooo much better! I guess possible down-sides from ABC/DWTS's perspective may have been (a) that she wasn't really known outside of ballroom, and (b) that it could be awkward having an MC who knows more about ballroom than the judges. ;)

14. reb

reb Active Member

So many thoughts come to mind . . .

:rolleyes::doh::applause::headwall:

15. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I have said since Season 2 that they need to put Charlotte in Carrie Ann's spot.

16. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

I'd say that Len is every bit as knowledgeable as Charlotte. Bruno and Carrie Ann, however, are another matter.

17. SDsalsaguy

Nothing against Len, but I disagree. Certainly Len is qualified to judge ballroom but, personally, I do not believe that everyone who is qualified to judge is at the same level.

18. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Maybe Miss Piggy will come back as co-host ;)

19. reb

reb Active Member

Don't forget the magical powers bestowed on celebrity . . .

:D

20. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Len may know as much as Charlotte about how to tell good dancing from bad dancing, but I bet he knows less about how to teach dancing. In a format where the judges are actually giving feedback for the contestants to work on each week, I suspect that Charlotte would be much more able to tell people accurately what they can actually do to get better.

I cannot believe the number of weeks that Drew Lachey had his shoulders in his ears because no one (and I'm looking at Cheryl, too) told him to use his freaking lats.