Ballroom Dance > [Samba Technique] Entering promenade runs

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Stiletto One, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Stiletto One

Stiletto One New Member

So I was working through some stuff the other night, and I'm wondering what the main options are for getting into open promenade (?) position are, to begin promenade runs.

I was cranking through a maneuver in which I do 1a2 of a reverse turn, then pivot through a set of walks (3+4) putting me into open promenade position and ready for promenade runs.

The other closed transition I remember was to go from a left whisk (1a2), then right foot to side (3), left foot back (+) and then forward again (4), releasing outside hand and moving forward into promenade position—and then do a set of walks to get prepped for promenade runs.

Kosher? Not? Is my terminology even correct?

2. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

I'd worry about your Bronze first :wink: Promenade, Counter-Promenade Runs is a Gold figure in Samba.

3. Stiletto One

Stiletto One New Member

Well yeah, but I like to goof off sometimes. :p

(Why learn it at all if you're going to forget it, right?)

I find it amusing that a third of UNC's male contingent to DCDI is going to be from State.

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

You know, the "this figure is gold and I'm at a lower level" never works for me on a lesson with my teacher. I get a response like "do it right - now!" :D :wink:

5. chica latina

chica latina New Member

If you wait to learn it when you can dance it, it may be too late. It's good to start learning things early, so you can practice it and when you move up wil be able to dance it well. Plus, sometimes it's just fun to do new moves after practicing the coreography or syllabus steps that we compete in, isn't it?

6. El Hombre

El Hombre New Member

When you go into promenade runs it is also easier to count quick-quick-Slow over 1a2. It just helps in doing them smoothly, on time and the feeling. Good luck