Event Announcements > San Francisco Autumn Dance Classic

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Laura, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Everyone's favorite friendly local comp that never had a web site now has the tiniest of web sites.

San Francisco Autumn Dance Classic

I must say that October is the perfect time of year to visit San Francisco -- the hoardes of summer tourists and the damp wet cold summer fog are all gone. We get our best weather in October. And this competition is actually in downtown San Francisco.

It has Gold-level Pro/Am scholarships, too!

(Don't worry, the web site will get slicker, I took a "just the facts, ma'am" approach to it and threw something together in a couple of hours this evening.)

2. Laura

Laura New Member

Downloadable Entry Forms Now Available

Downloadable entry forms for the San Francisco Autumn Dance Classic are now available on our web site at http://www.autumndanceclassic.com .

I'll be working on setting up online registration, next :)

3. Alskling

Alskling Member

Very cool! Don't know if we'll do it, since we'll be fat and rusty after a month off, but this should help if we decide to go for it just for the heck of it.

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Laura, will heat lists be available online this year?

5. Laura

Laura New Member

No idea, it's up to the organizer.

6. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh my time flies.

A few notes here:

Online registration never got off the ground. I apologize for any inconvenience. Downloadable entry forms have been available on the web site for the past several weeks, though.

In the original information materials, the schedule did not list an Open Pro/Am Smooth Scholarship. Never fear, there will be an Open Pro/Am Smooth Scholarship event held on Sunday night!

The original block of rooms at the special Autumn Dance Classic rate are gone. You can still call the hotel to see what they have available and what the new price is, or you can try the nearby Monarch Hotel or Oasis Inn.

For more information, including links to hotel web sites, please see the Autumn Dance Classic web site.

7. Laura

Laura New Member

Never say never! It's not too late to register for the 2006 San Francisco Autumn Dance Classic. This competition is held in the actual city of lovely San Francisco, on October 20-22nd.

For entry forms, ticket order forms, general information -- AND NOW the ability to pay by credit card online!!! -- please see the web site at http://www.autumndanceclassic.com

Entries close October 6th, so come on over!!

8. Laura

Laura New Member

The timeline/schedule of events for the 2006 Autumn Dance Classic is now online at http://www.autumndanceclassic.com .

(And no, I don't have heatlists, I was only sent the timeline to put on the web.)

9. DanceScientist

DanceScientist New Member

Hi Laura, I was at the Friday show and got some pics and video clips. Was private videotaping allowed? Do you think it's OK to post my clips on YouTube? :)

10. Laura

Laura New Member

No, it was not allowed. In fact, there was a big sign with a picture of a video camera on it and that big rid circle-with-the-slash-through-it and the words NO VIDEO right when you entered the ballroom.

Just so you know, private video taping is rarely, if ever, allowed at NDCA-sanctioned competitions.