Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Season 4 premiere

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Another Elizabeth, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Season 4 will premiere on Monday, March 19. There will be no results show (and no one will be booted off) in the first week - the first results show will be on March 27.

2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Monday after spring break--that will be easy to remember!

They are slaying me with the "check back" for the cast. Probably smart marketing, though.

3. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I just read on a website that Joey Fatone(nsync), Ian Ziering(Beverly Hills 90210), Billy Ray Cyrus(think "Achy Breaky Heart" and mullet, lol!), and Laila Ali(Mohammed Ali's daughter) are going to be on Season 4. And that Sharon Osborne and Kelly Osborne backed out at the last minute. Don't know how reliable it is, though...

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh I love all of those people. Well, I don't know who Laila is though, but I love all of the men that you mentioned. I could see Sharon doing the show, but not Kelly so much. It would probably be good for Sharon to do with her health and everything. I just don't know if she would have the energy for this. That would probably be what it comes down to. But I could see her learning the Waltz and maybe being pretty good at them. Latin I don't know, but hey why not at least try right lol?

5. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

Sarah Ferguson pulled out as well due to scheduling conflicts. Laila Ali is a boxer like her dad. It's smart to feature a female athlete this season. Emmitt Smith set the bar too high for male athletes.

6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

For Sarah I think it was more of conflicting with the Royal Family value system. There are certain things that she isn't supposed to do even though she's broken almost every rule. Plus I'm sure that she's had Ballroom training as the Royal Family pretty much has to learn some dances that way. So, that might not have been very fair to the other contestants as well. She would have been fun to watch though, but she's not really telling the whole truth about why she can't be on the show. That's understandable though given her position which isn't much of a position any more. ;)

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't find that plausible

8. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

One more thing....Marilu Henner's name keeps popping up. She's also been heard to say she'd love to be on the show....but from what I remember in America's Ballroom Challenge from last year she said that her mother had a studio, her dad specialized in ballroom, and they all taught dance(herself included)..... totally off-topic but this makes me think of some of the odd comments she made during the show: "they are such a handsome couple together" (would they look like a handsome couple apart?) and "they really look like they are hot for one another!" (isnt that the point?) and my favorite: "their positions are just so great together" (o-kay....). Of course Tony Meredith wasn't much better. If he said "she's world class!" one time, he said it twenty! lol!

Yeah, ok, I've watched that show too much...

9. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh you mean the Sarah thing? I follow royal histories from all over the world. (It's a passion of mine.) They aren't supposed to umm... sell their name is the short way to say things even though some like Sarah do, but they do suffer for it in the long haul of things. Sarah has done this many times. She wasn't allowed to see her daughters at one point. They had to beg to see her and at that point she still wasn't allowed to see them. Things have calmed down since, but she's still in hot water for other actions so to speak. ;)

10. fascination

my point is that she has never behaved as if she cared one iota and her daughters are virtually grown...I still find it unlikely regardless...but hey, we don't need to agree...fun hobby of yours though

11. fascination

no comment, don't say it F, nope no comment;)

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Whiskey
    Tango
    Foxtrot, even though she's no longer really a Royal?

13. fascination

ya know...if you made it wine tango and foxtrot, I'd be right over

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I agree with you that she never cared. I think that she never cared about anyone but Sarah, and I feel really sorry for her daughters, but they've grown up nicely. But her daughters have no say in how the royal family treats Sarah being grown or not. You would be surprised at the number of rules that the royal family has to go through, and not just in that country. Some royal families are harsher than that one.

And it is a fun hobby. I got into it after my brother worked for Parliament, and I got to see England that way. It was amazing to me I guess since they live in different worlds. I also like learning about the different countries, but never really found anything worth studying about that interested me. This way I get to learn about the world through a fun hobby not some boring history class lol.

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Sarah still uses her title, Duchess of York even though it doesn't mean anything, but it is still a real title. So, she might not be royal since she had to forfeit everything when she went through divorce, but she only uses it to make money for herself. But she only did so after leaving the royal family with nothing to her name and a huge debt worth millions of dollars. However, it was her fault as to why she was not welcomed by them any more. She has no one to blame but herself. But what skills did she really have though? She does make a good television type of person. I had always thought that she went into the wrong field lol, but we wouldn't have her daughters (that are very royal 5th and 6th to the throne) if she didn't. So yes, she isn't royal in the way that we think of royal, but she is still the mother of members close to the throne. ;)

Edited to say that the title doesn't mean anything, because the title is only being retained by Sarah. Only those actually married to the Duke of York may use the name royally.

16. Beto

Beto Active Member

lol, clever! :D

17. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thank you! I have to remember that it's on 7p.m. my time lol.;)

19. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

One more week....

20. reb

reb Active Member

:) So you know for future reference . . . for the main discussion about America's Ballroom Challenge, please check out the thread underway in Ballroom

Thanks!