Event Announcements > SEATTLE wants YOU at Camp Jitterbug May 27-30 2005

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by petitetonya, Jan 17, 2005.

1. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Come one, come all to an unforgettable weekend full of workshops, dances and competitions with the world’s finest…there is one weekend in Seattle you can’t miss:

The sixth annual
    Camp Jitterbug 2005
    Memorial Day Weekend
    May 27th-30th 2005
    Seattle, WA

www.campjitterbug.com

Workshops

Featuring the top instructors in the world, Camp Jitterbug is an incredible weekend event with 3 days and nights of workshops, dancing and competitions. All workshops are located at the beautiful Century Ballroom and Seattle Mime Theatre in the historic Oddfellows Building on Capitol Hill in the heart of Seattle.

Check out this year’s incredible instructor line-up…

Frida Segerdahl of Stockholm, Sweden
    Mike Faltesek of Minneapolis, MN and Stockholm, Sweden
    Skye Humphries of Washington DC
    JoJo Jackson of Ithaca, NY
    Andy Reid of Washington DC
    Nina Gilkenson of Washington DC
    Todd Yannacone of Sacramento, CA
    Giselle Anguizola of Laguna Beach, CA
    Ria DeBiase of Sacramento, CA
    Amy Johnson of Los Angeles, CA
    Chance Bushman of San Diego, CA
    Shesha Marvin of Orange County, CA
    Nikki Klaus of Orange County, CA
    Joon Chang of Seattle, WA
    Lorraine O’Neal of Seattle, WA
    Sean Morris of Los Angeles, CA
    Tonya Morris of Los Angeles, CA

Evening Events
    Seattle is home of one of the nation’s most exciting dance scenes. The evening events feature live music, top swing dj’s, competitions and after hours dancing. The dance venues are all conveniently located on Capitol Hill in the heart of Seattle this year. Bands and dj line-ups are going to be announced soon.

Friday Evening at the Century Ballroom
    Friday After Hours at the Washington Dance Club
    Saturday Evening at the Washington Dance Club
    Saturday After Hours at the Washington Dance Club
    Sunday Evening at the Century Ballroom
    Sunday After Hours at the Washington Dance Club

Competitions
    This year, Camp Jitterbug will have several dance competitions. The competition schedule will be posted online. Competitions will be held in a timely manner to allow for as much social dancing as possible!
    Lindy Hop Couples $10 per couple
    Lindy Hop Jack n’ Jill $5 per person
    Solo Charleston $5 per person
    DJ Battle of the Bands (invitational)

Hope to see you there! Visit www.campjitterbug.com for more details.
    If you have any questions, contact Tonya at swing@jitterbugclub.com

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi petitetonya! :D Long time no see. Thanks for the heads up. :D 8)

3. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Yeah, I have been bad with forums...getting married takes a lot out of ya! I will be better, I promise.

4. pygmalion

Amen to the getting married thing. Marriage is exhausting!! :lol: :lol: Congrats, btw. :D

Glad to see you back in the house. 8)

5. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Oh man, it was so amazing though. Sean & I are doing really well and are excited for the new year.

6. pygmalion

Enjoy... the marriage and the dancing. May God bless you both with joy and with the wisdom to enjoy each other. 8) :D Dance is certainly important, but it comes later for the two of you... at least right now.

btw, if you can recommend any good dance teachers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I'd really appreciate it. (I live in Frisco which is a little North of Dallas, but I'll take what I can get. I hear Dallas is a great place to learn swing. 8) )

7. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Hmmm, I know more people in Houston, but email me separately at swing@jitterbugclub.com and I will forward your question to some of the other Texas scenes and they will have an answer for you.

8. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

The Class Schedule is now posted, check out this bad knat line-up!
    www.campjitterbug.com and go to "Workshop Schedule"

9. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Hello Tonya. How have you been? still in LA?

10. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Sean & I are doing great...we bought a house in LA so we are here for a while!! We really love it here. We have started up a Monday night venue in LA which has been going well. It is called Sugarfoot Stomp, check out our cool web page: www.sugarfootstomp.com.

AND, more importantly, I have started an event planning business which has always been a dream of mine. It is going well and it feels good to be getting my feet wet here in LA in a world outside of dancing:) www.eventfulplanners.com is my new business name for that side of things.

Sean & I are enjoying married life and he is working hard at his job. Of course I miss Seattle, but I get to visit there a lot so that makes it kinda okay.

How are YOU?

11. Spitfire

Pretty good, I always love traveling to Seattle. I was there over Thanksgiving; went out dancing, but didn't go to the Century. I'm going to be there again in June. Did you ever take up Salsa? you had expressed an interest earlier.

Glad to hear things are going well for both of you.

I was at our local WCS club dance last night and saw your name on the Reno Dance Sensation flyer.

12. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

I have just social danced some salsa once in a blue moon...it is fun but I just haven't had the time to explore other dancing interests. Tango, tap, salsa, hip hop, I need more time in the day!!

Yeah, Sean & I are teaching at Reno this weekend, it should be a lot of fun. I will be djing as well...are you going?

13. Spitfire

No, can only afford to do the Seattle trip and possibly a short trip to San Diego later on.

14. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Well, you DO have to have priorities of course 8) I am glad you are coming out to Seattle, it is going to be awesome.