Dancers Anonymous > Secret Facts about DF members

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by leftfeetnyc, May 25, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

;)....

2. Actually there's a story behind this. On Friday a group of us from the studio went to a nearby bar for some salsa with a live band. We had some drinks and a few of us had a few bites to eat.

One of the girls didn't have anything but water, and I assumed at the time she didn't want anything. Driving home I realized she had dropped a few hints, and had I been half as quick-witted as a fence post I would have offered to buy her a drink. Not, you must understand, because I thought she was hitting on me or vice versa. From a few conversations with her I sense that she is a little squeezed for fundage. I would have happily bought her a drink or two with no strings attached and no expectation of reciprocation.

So, I feel kind of bad now. If I see her again soon I'll say "sorry I was so dense, I'll try to be more of a gentleman next time."

3. fascination

well...at least it occurred to you later...I know plenty of gents who lag well behind that

4. Chiron

Chiron New Member

What? Huh? Did someone imply something?

5. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

ya' gotta' love this group. *grin*

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Boys are silly. But they can also be cute, that's why I keep one on hand.:p

7. fascination

;)love the new sig btw

8. fascination

only one ;)?

9. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Well now we're getting a little TOO secret!!:p

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i always fold towels & washcloths parallel to any vertical striping, ribbing, or edging. that way the stripe folds ever-so-nicely over the final crease, looking much neater when put away.

course, then i'm liable to stack casually & toss into the closet. everything has its balance point. ;)

11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I do that too, but I then stack them according to color.

12. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

My towels get folded into similar sized stacks, and put away in the order in which they came out of the dryer. Then, cats jump into linen closet and drag them onto the floor.

My pantry, on the other hand, looks like something out of that movie "Sleeping With the Enemy"....I store by category, space all cans, bottles and boxes equi-distance from each other, and line up all the labels.

13. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

My pantry may not look like that but when I make a bed using any bedding with flowers. The flowers have to be "growing" towards the head of the bed because that would be considered up and up is where the sun is.

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

So the secret is that y'all have ocd? ;)

Not that I'm one to talk. Sister accuses me of OCD about my dance notes (don't get that one), but when I buy differnet flavors of soda for my lunches I do alternate them exactly equlally in fridge to make sure I drink them in that order in my lunches. now THAT certainly gets the OCD label. :p

15. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

I used to line my sodas up in the fridge like that but the labels would all have to face the same direction too... I'm glad I'm not alone in that department....

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Good to hear. :)

not picky at all about what ends up in my lunches though. whatever's on sale and diet (and yes, Sam, I know. ;) )

17. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Is there anything more pleasing to the eye of a partially afflicted ocd-type than line after line of orderly cans? Such symmetry! Such beauty! Such order....dare I say...such an artful display! Oh me..............:wink:

18. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

LOL! You sum it up so beautifully!

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

grrrrr :cool:

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

meh...takes no extra time...adds a sense of harmony & order, why not do it if convenient? :)

i don't have time for fiddliness, but i like my cabinets to look nice now & then as well.