Dancers Anonymous > Secret Facts about DF members

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by leftfeetnyc, May 25, 2005.

1. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

I'm with you on this one. I even get bummed when there isn't a gag reel or a deleted scenes section.

2. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Ballroom dancing has always been my quirky thing... but let's see if I can think of something else:

- I didn't go to 1st grade, and then ended up skipping 2nd, making me 1 year younger than my classmates from then on (strange how immigration works sometimes)

- Once upon a time, I used to go to anime conventions and make costumes. Here's me as Hello Kitty (still a proud moment!):
    http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=F2f_QdmU1cc

- I did a study-abroad in Japan, against my parents' wishes to go somewhere "normal" like Europe.

- I volunteer for an animal shelter and have a soft spot for kitties :)

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

No, say it ain't so!

4. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

:kitty: Kitties need love, too... what's wrong with that?

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

he was being a smarty pants b/c you have the word "cat" in your username, thus a fondness for cats is rather implicit...you have to get used to joe

6. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Oohhh... :doh:

I had a suspicion it was a "smarty pants" comment, but I thought maybe it was because there seem to be a lot of cat lovers on the forum already... so a "not another one!" kind of exclamation ;)

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

It's Joe. When in doubt, it's a "smarty pants" comment. ;)

8. fascination

he has his spunky days

9. fascination

lol...I don't have a sig right now...maybe I should just issue a general advisory there about Joe...

10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

yep, I think you aren't really a DF member until you're slammed at least once by Joe. *grin*

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

when i was new at DF, for some reason i thought joe was a girl...

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Did I bat my lashes at you or something?

13. fascination

and yet he is so amazingly sweet in person, and handy beyond all comprehension:kissme:

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i think you were taking about sewing or dress design, and i stereotyped you.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep. don't know about the handy part, but...can imagine, lol.[/QUOTE]

16. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

I worked security at the NYC Disco "Studio 54" for over 2 years during its hay day in the late 1970s.

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

my first beau was much older than me and a bartender there in the early 80s. part of the endgame scene, apparently.

18. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

No, It went on into the early, early 1980s before it Steve Rubell & Ian Shrager went to jail and then Studio54 became a juice bar since it lost its liquer license. Sometime thereafter, Steve & Ian really sold the place and it again servered liquer but it never had the same crowd, decadence or ambiance of the original Studio54 owned by Steve and Ian.

19. reb

reb Active Member

:cool: