Dancers Anonymous > Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How recent is considered contemporary?

2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I loved it! I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie. I think it would be way too intense on IMAX.
    Having seen it, I was fascinated to read more about the actual events surrounding Dunkirk.

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I saw it in IMAX. Waaay too loud for my tastes.

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

As a complement to that, you should watch Mission Control. I think it's on Amazon Prime.

5. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

That fit the narrative - that constant thumping, then silence then the noise of the war zone on that beach- I felt like I could hear my heart pounding in sync the entire time. Without a doubt the best movie I have watched in a long time. Should be up for some Oscars come award time

j_alexandra and RythmHansen like this.
  6. RythmHansen

RythmHansen New Member

I've heard many positive things about this movie. I guess it really is a formidable Oscars contender.

7. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

I watched "Sing" on Netflix this past weekend. Formulaic but cute, and loved all the music and dancing.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thanks....I will do that if my husband has not already seen it...though I cannot imagine he would have missed it....but I will check...when he first went into engineering, he was into aero,....so there isn't much about NASA that he misses

cornutt likes this.
  9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Wind River, saw it last Saturday evening. Loved the stark cinematography of wintery landscape in Montana.

Looking forward to Blade Runner 2049 next week. Advance reviews have been excellent.

10. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

I loved the original Blade Runner, wasn't sure what to think about there being a sequel. I will be interested to hear your assessment.

Purr likes this.
  11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure I've seen the original Blade Runner, I may have but I can't remember for sure. The trailers for Blade Runner 2049 look good; I've been intrigued since the first teaser trailer came out awhile back. I like Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford and Jared Leto, the main actors in the movie. And all the advance reviews have been good, saying the sequel is better than the original, and even one or two mentioning the movie might be an Oscar contender. So I'm definitely going.

I'm starting to get concerned about new Justice League movie coming out. I've read the movie has went through some serious reshoots and editing, with even entire characters (Lex Luther and some other minor character that I can't remember her name) written out, which doesn't sound good. I'm hoping the changes make Justice League more in line with Wonder Woman and less like Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Please, don't let Justice League be a dud.

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I'm not sanguine about it...I think it's gonna be hard to capture dystopic lightning in a bottle again.

j_alexandra and IndyLady like this.
  13. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Here's a short list of some older movies that are considered by many as the best of any era..do your self a favor and check them out..

Casablanca
    Citizen Kane ( voted the best movie of all time )
    Lion in Winter
    On the waterfront
    The 3rd man
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Man for all seasons
    All about Eve

There are many more and each one will become memorable

Purr likes this.
  14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Kings men golden circle. Kinda cheesy but I loved it

American assassin not as good as the books

15. tangotime

Do you mean Kingsman ?, or is this a movie with a similar title

16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Kingsmen golden circle. Yeah typo

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I've seen all of these, except perhaps for Lion in Winter. I don't recognize the title, will check synopsis to confirm. Thank you TCM (Turner Classic Movies)!

18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Ok, I lied. Apparently I have seen Lion in Winter. Recognized the synopsis, just not the title.

Give me a Bette Davis movie anytime. Now Voyager is one of my all time favorites.

19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Ok, I lied. Apparently I have seen Lion in Winter. Recognized the synopsis, just not the title.

20. tangotime

Always great story lines and acting .

Purr likes this.