Dance Ads > Selling Julia Ivleva Dresses

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I am helping out Igor Litvinov sell dresses that belonged to Julia.

Igor gave me more than 20 dresses and a lot of them he is willing to sell for a nominal price. If anyone in New York is looking for a ballroom costume on a budget, I would be happy to show you what I have locally. I don't have photos of many of them yet as many of them were not photographed but some of them are very nice. I will try to get photos taken in the near future. There are a few that will be a bit more but most of the gowns will cost under 1000. Some of them are a few years old and in older style but could still be great for showcases. I will share photos once I manage to take them. Many of them would make wonderful collegiate costumes.

2. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

So sad....her dresses always were beautiful and I hope they find great homes with folks who are inspired by the memory of their former owner...

SDsalsaguy likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

if I could get more than half my body in one, I'd definitely be interested....what a wonderful opportunity to show love and support

dancelvr, SDsalsaguy and Dupont like this.
  4. Katarzyna

They all are very unique indeed, Julia had her own style. I believe Igor just wants them to be out there again as they have been sitting in the closet. I hope they will inspire some people.

SDsalsaguy likes this.
  5. I will be interested once some pictures and sizes are available

6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

How tall was she, do you know?

7. Katarzyna

Around 5'5'' however she had many dresses that were also on a very short side.

8. Looking forward to seeing the photos. If I were 3 inches shorter, I'd have at least one for showcase! ;)

9. Katarzyna

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

haha, it looks like a certain little girl wanted to get in on the photo session :D

p.s. for reference, how tall is the person modeling the gowns?

edit to add: approx. asking prices for B+W flower print gown (IMG 6304) and grey lace furry (IMG 6270)?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  11. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I love the polka dot one. Which is funny, since I normally don't like truffala tree floats, but they look right here. It won't fit me, sigh; just had to share my admiration.

12. Katarzyna

My sister is 5'4'' and my daughter really liked the dresses so she got captured in the photo.

With regards to the price, I recommend $2200 for the black white flower print and for gray lace $400. I posted all the recommended prices on facebook but there is no set price per dress, I am just trying to get what I feel would be a fair price. It can be discussed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.210219869152131.1073741842.116145198559599&type=3

13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

apologies - I did not see that you had posted them on FB already

14. Katarzyna

Well I linked only the other page in my post so it was hard to know.

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

But it looks like your sister was only wearing socks. The length might have been OK in shoes.

16. Katarzyna

The only one that seemed ok on her length wise would be the polka dot dress, and potentially white pink which had a high low skirt, other ones would be too long to dance in even with shoes. Unless someone likes skirts 2 inches below the ankle.... but with gowns its hard to tell the sizes unless someone tries them on.

17. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I think most of her gowns won't fit me, except 2 black ones and the floral one (the ones that you marked as "will stretch to size 8) in your FB album.

18. Katarzyna

Think black ones are biggest, black lace one, also pink white you mention as well as the black white with feathers.. Potentially the blue one but not sure..

Potentially also the purple one with print float

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  19. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

By floral I meant the Black and White floral for 2200. I didn't realize pink/white was also on bigger side. I would consider the b/w floral (if the price is negotiable), but I need to sell at least one I consigned with you first.

20. latervet1

latervet1 Member

Kat are you willing to ship for try ons?