Ballroom Dance > Videos > Sergey Ryupin & Elena Khvorova - Rumba

Discussion in 'Videos' started by dancesportgirl21, Nov 1, 2006.

1. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

2. liz

liz New Member

I can't tell you how many times I have watched this clip...It is my FAVORITE...

3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

My. That was very nice. May I just say that I loved the way she moved; very determined and theatrical, she really went with the song's feeling, not just with the rumba beat. I loved the fact that the routine was relatively simple (except for some leg parts :p) which only show that you don't have to do triple flips and lifts to dance beautifully. Also. Why didn't I watch Sergey at all? Huh. I couldn't take my eyes off her, and he didn't draw my attention.

T_E

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Gorgeous! I just got the dvd this is on from this website (for $24):

www. wm-e-shop.com/product_info.php/products_id/607

It ended up costing me $58 for this and one other, shipped to the US.

5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

That's quite a deal. When they were first released they cost $119 each. Looks like the products on that site are re-packaged for Russia - the web site is in English but the writing on the products is Russian. But, a good deal is a good deal !

6. mamboqueen

I was a bit nervous, naturally, not just because I thought they could end up being horrible bootlegs, but giving my credit card info to some place 1/2 way across the world could become a potential nightmare, but the quality is first rate and they certainly arrived quickly enough. My kids are a bit sick of me ooohing and ahhhing in front of the tv, though.

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I was thinking about placing an order as well but was hesitant. Now, that you've confirmed everything worked out - I'll be getting some more videos : )

Is your daughter enjoying the DVDs : )

8. mamboqueen

Well, the funny thing is that at her studio, in the lobby, they continuously play dance dvd's, and the two I got are frequently showed, so she's probably sick of them by now.

9. MeGustaReggaeton

MeGustaReggaeton New Member

Ha! Means that I can get it here in Russia for a very nice price then:):):)

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Does she have any favorites?

11. mamboqueen

Karina & Slavik....but there may be a DWTS factor in there, too. I really enjoy watching Katarina and Andrej myself.

12. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Karina and Slavik - yeah, me too. I like Slavik with Elena too. I usually skip over Andre and Katarina. Not always crazy about their choreography but I do like some of their numbers (Samba and Cha Cha).

13. Katushka

Katushka New Member

119$ ??? OMG!!!
    For this price I can take it and come to you for holydays))))))))))))))))

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that's lovely. never saw it before.

15. kasiak

kasiak New Member

nicely put :)

16. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I though it was really expensive to fly between the U.S. and Russia.

17. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I know the song is "Fields of Gold" but who sings it?

T_E

18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Eva Cassidy. It's on "Songbird". That CD also has Wade in the Water and Autumn Leaves which was used by Sergei Sourkov and Melia for a show Rumba.

19. Katushka

Katushka New Member

I need 1 000 $ to take tickets to Miami and back)
    1 DVD cost 12$ in Russia... if somebody can buy it for 119$ (!!!!!) - I need only to sell 10 DVD to visit you)))))