Salsa > sexy salsa teacher

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by IsabellaCruella, May 3, 2005.

1. IsabellaCruella

IsabellaCruella New Member

My salsa teacher is very sexy. He is married and they dance together in competitions. This salsa dance is already so very sexy so I am not sure if he is flirting with me or just doin his thing. how can you tell? I have heard from some of my mates that you can just tell... by the way you dance with eachother... the chemistry....? Have you ever felt this "chemistry" with a partner?

2. Vin

Vin New Member

Every dance if I can help it.
    Seriously, if you let yourself get caught up in the feeling you feel everytime you have great chemistry on the dance floor then you are in for a rough time.

3. alemana

alemana New Member

DANGER WILL ROBINSON

4. africana

africana New Member

yes RUN MARY RUNNNN :lol:
    but seriously what are you doin trying to guess what he's thinking or feeling or doing??? be clueless!! ignore anything you might feel, especially b/c he's married. HONESTLY "chemistry" is not that unique. and for gawdsakes run!!
    PS: are you a beginner?? seems that way to me :roll:

5. vey

vey New Member

Me too :wink: :wink: :wink:

My motto is "whatever happens on a dance floor stays on a dancefloor" - and all my regular partners and any serious salseros know that, it makes things easy...
    Only nondancers or beginners can confuse sexiness in dancing with anything else :roll:

IMHO, if he's an instructor, he has probably seen it all by now and I wouldn't take his flirting too seriously..., just enjoy his sexy lead :wink:

That said, danceloor crashes do happen but if you're serious about your dancing you should be very wise in acting upon your feelings and think about consequences in case your relationships do not work out...

6. alemana

alemana New Member

read the "Falling for my instructor" thread in the General area.

7. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

The dance is sexy enough in itself, then you have the added attraction of someone who's a good dancer, experienced, confident... all very appealing traits...

You know what to do. Enjoy it on the dancefloor but leave it there.

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome IsabellaCruella. I will chime along with everyone else and say leave what happens on the dance floor on the dance floor. Especiallya s you know the guy is married...

9. Sagitta

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

IsabellaCruella, welcome to DF. Just to repeat what others have said, because your teacher is married, sexy dance or not, leave it alone and assume that he is just doing his thing (he could also be flirting but flirting is part of dancing, if the chemisty is there, for the dancing!). Dance with as many guys as you can and you will see what we mean.

Oh yeah. My motto too is "What happens on the dancefloor stays on the dancefloor" :wink:

11. alemana

alemana New Member

we were also posting recently somewhere about straight male dance teachers, esp in salsa, and their tendency to.... you know.

12. Sagitta

13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I think the second link is the most recent thread...

14. No comment :wink:

15. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone. Read the "Falling for my instructor" thread (do some searching within DF and you will find it). It will help you understand some basic things.
    I am assuming you're a beginner on the dancefloor, so I must stress, once more, the basic elements/traps of partner dancing:
    a)It is partnered. As ridiculous as that may sound. As it is partnered, it means you will interact with your partner no matter what.
    b)Following the above, all feeling are enhanced when dancing. And I mean ALL feelings. Think of something like Spiderman's super senses. It's pretty similar. This is due to the adrenalin rush, the lights, the music, the atmosphere. All this is whispering to your ear like a little devil: "Fall in looooove..." You must not succumb to its tricks. I repeat, you must not succumb to it!
    c)Dancing is intense. It's all about romance in some cases, sexual attraction or fervent passion in others. It's a very common beginner misconception to confuse all those feelings with the reality. In other words, this is not real feelings you're having, even though they feal very real. They're produced because of the dancing. I would bet a great deal of money on this: if you saw him (your instructor) away from the dance scene, at a restaurant, per se, with his wife, would you crush on him? Would he attract you as much or would he not seem as interesting to you because he wouldn't be dancing? Think about this and don't rush to answer.
    d)Sometimes your salsa instructor is sexy. Well, it happens to the best of us. Of course you are attracted to a sexy guy; after all, you're the one who named him "sexy"! But that means nothing. He's not available to you, for one, as he's married. Please don't forget that under any circumstances. They guy might be darned hot and heavy on the dancefloor, but he has a wife. :? And even if he was single, dating your instructor is bad for tons of reasons:
    -You would get jealous of seeing him dance with other ladies
    -Your relationship would be based on what we call a "dancefloor crush"
    -In case you had a bad breakup/fight, that would seriously affect your dancing as well
    -...And so on. I could go on and on.

Bottom line to all this: When dancing, you can be flirty, playful, sexy, and all around Playboy material if you wish :p , but the moment the song is over, it's all over. Don't harm yourself by believing in a relationship that can never be. Your teacher knows that, and any flirting you might feel is within the salsa limits.
    And about your friends talking about chemistry: they're obviously beginners as well. Chemistry between salsa dancers is a prerequisite to make the dance work, i.e. most of us lucky souls have felt it and it's wonderful. The chemistry they're talking about is the non-dancing chemistry between two lovers, for instance. Do not confuse. Beginners tend to see things in a very different way than someone who has been dancing for a while. Talking to DFers usually helps, as well as talking to a friend that has been dancing socially for some years.
    I wish you the best,

Twilight Elena[/list]

16. Sabor

Sabor New Member

in my opinion.. salsa can't be 'danced' if not sexy.. sexy is one of the main requirements..

personally.. i totally differentiate between what happens in a dance and outside of it.. they dont cross unless that was directly communicated between the two

its a few minutes of fantasy and its over .. only to start again with another song but thats as far as it goes ..unless like i said both parties are interested in more and its made clear verbally. Thats how i percieve it anyway.

17. IsabellaCruella

IsabellaCruella New Member

Probably not.... hah. Thanks. Besides, I love his wife too much to do anything.

Have any of you met your partners(how do you meet your partnes, by the way) and had this deep sexual attraction with them? Did you ever have hot steamy salsa sex with them? Did it like ruin the salsa dancing partnership, or make it better? Just wondering, hey I would love to have a steamy salsa lover.

Yes, I am a newbie! Thanks for welcoming me. Yeah, I am a beginner kind of. I did some salsa lessons and dancing in mexico last year, but I am going back to more lessons because I feel that I am missing it in my life. Like there was this big hole.

18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Married can be generally loosely translated to mean "off limits". It's ok to fantasize, though! I am married to a sportscar designer, he doesn't dance and has no inclination to ever do so. I love salsa dancing, the music and my fun, fabulous friends on the dance floor and alyhough I am not sexually attracted to them yet there is a kind of fun, sexy energy going on all the time!

19. mambochino

mambochino New Member

so the thought of messing with him has cross your mind?!

yikes!

20. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Thinking isn't doing! I've thought about drizzling chocolate fudge syrup over Colin Farrell but that doesn't mean I'd do it, let alone lick it off, even if I had the chance!