Salsa > sexy salsa teacher

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by IsabellaCruella, May 3, 2005.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:applause:

IsabellaCruella, it looks to me as if you need to wash that guy right out of your hair and send him on his way!

2. Guarachero

Guarachero New Member

Sexy

This is getting good :notworth: Mud wrestling

Guarachero

3. IsabellaCruella

IsabellaCruella New Member

always! thanks, africana, your a gem. :)

you're too concentrated to have lust? wowza, that is certainly not why I dance. If I am concentrating too much to notice how sexy the whole thang is... then I am not dancing. I dance because I just feel it, feel the music... does that sound too cheese? sorry :roll:

4. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

I "just feel it" too. And oh yeah, I notice how sexy the whole thang is... certainly....woooohaa!
    I guess I just have a different agenda then you.
    Hey, Whomever is looking at ME can do the lusting whilst I'm workin' out other priorities a little higher up on my list. [​IMG]
    I'm there to enjoy the Whole experience of dancing and trust me, I AM dancing.

I can dance with someone and turn off that lust switch very easily especially if there's a neon sign on his finger saying "married man here."
    I can turn it back on when I want too...with somebody else. :wink: [​IMG]

5. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

I like to think of dancing with someone as a kind of conversation, and that conversation can be about anything including lust! As for sexy salseros... I'm building my own. The husband is taking very nicely to learning and is definitely getting some very slinky moves. Whilst neither of us do very advanced moves, I like to think that we're both getting a good feeling for the style of the dance. The other night, dancing to a slow song in a flirtatious manner, he definitely had his groove on!

:D :D :D

6. IsabellaCruella

Artsy Salsera, I am sure that you are an awesome dancer, I wasn't doubting your talent. I just look at dancing differently. Do you compete or something? In that case I am sure that you have to concentrate on your moves more.

And everybody, I guess that we have established that df members think adultery and infidelity is a big no-no. got it. I am not so sure myself...

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

To each his own. But if I'm married and you come close - Watch out!!

8. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

You keep using that word "concentrate". No one has to concentrate any more than anyone else who has some skills, loves to dance and feel the music for the sake of dancing itself. My friends take the same position as I.
    You should hear them talk about it.
    Like I said you have a different agenda.
    Some people come to salsa events to dance, some come to pick up people, and some come to drink. To each his own! Different Strokes for Different folks!
    You're a beginner, right?

[​IMG] Ok. Now I see what you are concentrating on!
    To each his own!

9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I feel some sort of misnuderstanding might come up here, so I feel I have to give my two cents.
    Lust, in my definition book, is not what you feel in salsa. It's what you feel in bed. Salsa is about being sexy, flirtatious, sometimes more romantic or more playful, but it never crosses the line between all that and pure lust. Lust is all about sex. Salsa is all about the connection. When we sometimes joke by saying "Salsa is sex", we say so knowing that it isn't really so. We're just trying to make it apparent that salsa is sexy. But if one wants to dance salsa because he thinks it's all about sex, he should grind, not do salsa.
    I would like to let you know that DF members are not going to chase you around with the Bible in hand and yell at you "Thou shalt not commit adultery!" :roll: :lol: That is ridiculous to say the least. And everyone is entitled to have his own opinions on marriage and the like. But whatever your philosophical ideals are, I am pretty sure you would agree that a relationship, whether this is in a marriage or not, means that two people have agreed to stay together and be faithful to each other. Many couples believe in open relationships and see other people as well while being together. That's okay by me, and in fact I find it very liberated. :D Some couples stay married for economical/social status reasons and see other people. Okay by me. Adultery is such a big, loud and accusing word that I'd prefer not to use it, as it apparently covers too little aspects of the subject.
    So let's come to yoru case, as an example. Your teacher is happily married, apparently, and so flirting him in a non-salsa way is not the way to go, IMO. Why? Well, it's pretty obvious. You'd be disrupting his and his wife's happiness. But let's say, for the sake of scientific research, that is he is not happy in his marriage. Still, dating him would be wrong. First of all, how could one know he's not actually happy? Maybe he's having a phase. And even if it's all in ruins and he wants to see someone new, who can guarantee that he won't keep both wife and girl-he-dates to be on the safe side? The reasons why it's not good to mess up with married/in-a-relationship guys are obvious, and I need not elaborate any further.
    Oh, and just to be clear here, I know you said you wouldn't do anything and that his wife is a great woman and all that. I was just being theoretical. Purely theoretical. No worries here. :p

Twilight Elena

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Very good Twlight Elena. I am taking notes. :wink:

Personally, I am coming to the conclusion that IsabellaCruella is a troll wearing a skirt, (or pretending to be wearing one) and is actually a whole lot more savvy than he/she would like us to believe. :lol:

11. africana

africana New Member

yeah i concluded the same :lol: GO ARTSYSALSERA!! you're my hero :)

12. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

Yup![​IMG] That's very perceptive of you.

[​IMG]You knnnnoooow! You see what I'm sayin'!!!! Thank you!![​IMG]

13. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Without getting into the whole "should I put the moves on some married guy" situation, I've gotta say Elena I have a slightly different take on lust than you do.

I'm a healthy adult animal. Sometimes I recognise that there's another healthy adult animal of the appropriate sex near me and the animal reaction kicks in. That's lust. I acknowledge it, and if the situation is appropriate I act on it.

It's knowing when the situation is appropriate that makes us healthy adult human beings and not just animals. When I'm alone with my lovely hairy muppet of a husband, it's appropriate.

There's nothing wrong with feelings of lust, attraction or whatever, and nothing wrong with a connection with another person, even in an intimate situation like dance, touching lightly on those feelings, as long as we remember we're not just beasts, we're also people.

14. Salsablaster

Salsablaster New Member

I like your definition Elena and you got a point. Salsa is a relative expression where you clash with your partner. It's a relative theory of passion and feeling of the rhythm of the beat. You feel the heart beat in your body , and then getting intense until you are possesed. Your partner feel the same way because you are giving to him(er) same reaction and that is how it connects in one rhythm of dancing. :)

15. Salsablaster

Salsablaster New Member

Sexy Salsa Teacher (meaning School Teacher)

This msg. has been fixed for the following reason: Instead of Salsa Teacher = School Teacher.
    This is one of my sexy dance partner, she is a school teacher who I have danced with her for more than 5 years.

[​IMG]

Picture taken at Goldcoast Ballroom March 06, 2005

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

One cute lady. :wink: :)

17. Sabor

Sabor New Member

18. IsabellaCruella

wow, that hurts. Why am I this??

And I suppose "adultery" is quite a stong word. But what I don't get is that is it sometimes okay- assuming the marriage is unhealthy?
    Please, peeps, trust me on this one, I am not going to make any moves on my salsa teacher. hah. And thats because hes not that sexy to me anymore.

I feel that sex is such a big taboo sometimes that people are afraid to label it... what makes people lust and what makes a good lay? Are people this conservative where they will not say that salsa dancing contributes to lustful thinking... it contributes to "sexy" thinking? what is the big deal what we call it... I just know when I dance it feels good- much like the other thing that feels good. therefore they are similar...?

well, I must go, I have to catch a flight but I am so excited that my post has caused so much drama :applause:

19. Pacion

Pacion New Member

You tell me/us why it hurts?

So, you are not going to make the moves on him because he is not sexy to you anymore? Whatever happened to your saying (or words to that effect) that you wouldn't do anything because you thought his wife was nice? :eyebrow:

Yes, I thought that was one of the reasons (conscious or subconscious) as to why you started this thread :wink:

Actually, no. Eating ice-cream feels good too, so does the wind blowing in my face, playing with children and playing with my dogs. But I would not say they were similar to the other two things you mentioned. :wink:

Wow! I feel honoured that you found time to check into DF before running to catch your flight. Does that mean that you are hooked on DF already? I know when I have flights to catch, checking on DF is the last thing on my mind :wink:

Yes, it goes to show your original intent that you are "excited your post caused so much drama". Incidentally, if you sincerely think your post caused drama, you are indeed very savy or indeed led a very sheltered life. Personally, I am erring on the former myself :wink:

PS. The photo in your avatar ... is that you by any chance?

20. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

[​IMG]Pacion, my sentiments exactly in all your replies. Brillant!

[​IMG] I've an art exhibition going on right now called "Taboo" in Montclair NJ where 69 other artists are exhibiting with me (see my post in the EVENTS SECTION) ....so....we creative types including dancers are not afraid of anything about sex. Matter of fact I don't see AnYone running from labeling it or doing it 'cause it's all over the place. [​IMG]

I wondered the same thing, didn't ask but just gave in to the affirmative.

Drama? This thread? Ohhhhhh, you probably just joined recently, right?!![​IMG]