Salsa > sexy salsa teacher

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by IsabellaCruella, May 3, 2005.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sobrero-
    I've been to Greece twice, and although I am not an expert on the country or anything, I had been under the impression that people LOVE to dance. Ever been to a rembetica club? People go wild! There are discos galore in Athens and, in the summer, on the outskirts of town. (Some cater to tourists and some are for locals.) When those close down in the fall, it is time to hit the rembetica clubs(seems most of them open up in the winter season).

2. DeeplyDippy

DeeplyDippy New Member

When I first started dancing, nearly every guy in the office asked whether was I gay :D

I found the easiest way to convert them was to show them pictures of party nights and the very sexy girls (of any age) in every shot.

That and tell them that while they stayed at home, I was dancing with their girlfriends !

3. Claire_Brummell

Claire_Brummell New Member

:lol: ROFLMAO :lol:

4. DeeplyDippy

DeeplyDippy New Member

Claire - excellent words. Stuff to aspire to.

5. Claire_Brummell

Thanks DD - I'm touched that you feel that way :D

6. DeeplyDippy

DeeplyDippy New Member

Yeah - I'm sad like that :D

7. Claire_Brummell

If you're dancing with their girlfriends I bet you're anything but sad! :lol:

Seriously though - great comeback!

8. Sobrero

Sobrero New Member

Oh we are wild about dancing!!!! WE dance in the streets and if you ever come back to my country you should ask to go to the bouzoukia!! It is like a rebetiko club but much more fun!! They have the habit of braking plates when they dance and throughing flowers to the singers! It sounds strange but you should really try it!!!! :lol: :lol:

Greek dances are really encouranged in Greece some people even teach it at shcool during out gym hours!!! What I mean is that ballroom dancing is not that popular!!
    :)
    Sobrero

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sobrero-
    You can bet on me calling you up next time I'm in Greece, because I want to go back again in the near future! Oh, I guess you're right about ballroom, then. Certainly there must be some decent studios in a large city like Athens(if that's where you are...)..

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I wear pink shirts! You'll have to come and see who and what am I. :wink: :)

11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I don't mind pink T-shirts and salmon pink(looks good on guys!) but pink sweaters, sheesh! :roll: Get me a pointed stick!

12. Claire_Brummell

You're on! :wink:

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I used to work with a guy, John _____, who was about the most self-confident, secure, happy-in-his-own skin kinda guys I've ever known. He made his pink shirts (yes, he had a couple and wore them regularly) look macha. I kid you not. He was cool. 8)

14. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

... :eyebrow:
    Erhm. First of all, Sobrero, please stop using all those exclamation marks. It hurts me eyes. :roll:
    Secondly (and we've talked about this before so I really don't see why the fuss) your brother is just a normal teen. He's got friends who will make fun of him. Of course he's being a bloody idiot, what else is new? Your tactics are wrong. You're trying too hard the wrong way. Ask me about my own strategy with my bro and I'll explain. :wink:
    To everyone else:
    Athens has ballroom life. t's simply limited to practice parties of various ballroom schools, though they're open to the public with an entrance fee. No complaints there.
    Salsa life is, perhaps, somewhat limited. It's not popular just yet, though it's getting there. This September, there's even a Congress in town! So perhaps in a few years things will be better.

Twilight Elena

P.s Sobrero: Manhood? Manhood??? :shock: You meant masculinity. Remind me to get you Webster's for Christmas. :roll: :lol:

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Just for the record, T_E, I had to scroll back to the middle of the previous page before I had any earthly idea of what you were talking about!!!! :wink: :lol:

It's not just an idiot brother thing (although I have an idiot brother too. Remind me to smack him on the head, just for fun, next time I see him. :twisted: :lol: ) It's an idiot man thing. A lot of men honestly think that dancing and masculinity don't go together. I wonder why their wives and girlfriends and sisters and moms can't convince them otherwise more often. But the sad truth is you can't make a guy believe anything he's not read to believe. Maybe a strategy of mentioning the male/female ratio in dance classes would work? :twisted: :lol:

(And just as an aside, your comment is noted -- manhood is a multi-purpose word. :shock: :lol: )

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

:eyebrow:

17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Then I've reached my manhood! 8) :lol:

18. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Heh. I like to correct Sobrero's english. It's a habit, don't bother. :p
    My teacher once said something I've found out to be very true. "Almost all guys (and she was mostly talking about young guys) want to dance. They are just too shy to admit it."
    With the above in mind, I tried the usual pleading with my own brother. "Pleeeease, just a tiny bit of rumba, it won't hurt you, etc". He was, of course, ignoring me. Then I bribed him :p I exchanged some dancing with burning him a CD. It worked like a charm, and we did some dancing for an hour. Rumba, salsa, a little bit of waltz.
    Psssst, don't tell him that, but he reacted much better than he should have if it was just the CD he was after! :wink: :wink: :D Gotcha!

Twilight Elena

19. Claire_Brummell

Liking your work... :wink:

20. hopelessly_addicted

hopelessly_addicted New Member

That is so cool to have a sibling who can dance with u!

I read somewhere that, because Milton and James Cobo brothers had each other to practise with and give/receive feedback without the consideration of ego problem, they were invaluable in their progress when they were learning... :D I'm not sure if they really practised with each other though? Cracks me up trying to imagin :lol: I find 2 men dancing salsa with each other rather funny.. especially two very well built guys dancing..