Ballroom Dance > Videos > Showcase Trailer

Discussion in 'Videos' started by DanceScientist, Feb 24, 2007.

1. DanceScientist

DanceScientist New Member

A teaser for the Starlite Showcase on March 11th:

Starlite Dance Club, Sunnyvale, CA

2. SonInDance

SonInDance New Member

That is such a cool plug for your studio's showcase. I wish our school would do something similar for our annual ballroom dance show coming up soon. They haven't even announced it on their website and the kids have been working on their routines for months now.

Good job, DS. Wish I could come but my son dancing at a competition that day.

3. DanceScientist

Thanks! Where's your son's dance school?

Starlite has never had a Showcase trailer, but I threw one together in a few hours after seeing the trailer for the SF Open:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VX3YEuvdXE

4. SonInDance

SonInDance New Member

My little boy dances at Genesis Dancesport in San Francisco. You took many great photos and a brief video clip of him and his partner at Winter Frolics. It was funny to see him glued to our computer watching over and over for the video clip of him and his partner that you had put together.:rolleyes:

We bought evening tickets to City Lights Ball so we will see Anna & Pasha dance together that Saturday evening.

Thanks for your hard work.

5. DanceScientist

Oh yeah, I remember you! I assume this is the website of your school?

http://www.genesisdancesport.com/

When is the annual show, which you said coming up soon? I would love to come see. :)

By the way, I don't think Anna will be dancing with Pasha at City Lights Saturday night. I think she is dancing a final show with her husband Jonathon Roberts.

6. SonInDance

SonInDance New Member

Our show will be at the Palace of Fine Arts on March 31st (yes, same weekend as SF Open). It will very fun because the kids are wearing "interesting" costumes for their latin routines. I think Alec and Edyta will try to make it back to do a couple of dances. I am sure they are very very busy with DWTS 4. You can buy tickets at ticketmasters, under dancing like the pros.

As for City Lights Ball, I think Jonathan couldn't do the Saturday showcase with Anna because he was matched with Heather Mills for DWTS 4. They are probably in the midst of practicing hard. She has a lot to prove to the public. So it will be Anna and Pasha for Saturday evening at City Lights.

7. tinkcrzy1972

tinkcrzy1972 New Member

That is a lovely piece, thank you so much for sharing it. If I were just a bit closer geographically, I'd love to come watch!

8. DanceScientist

From SonInDance:

[​IMG] Re: Genesis Show

Here's Genesis show information:

Dancing like the Pros
    Palace of Fine Arts - San Francisco
    March 31, 2007

tickets available at ticketmasters.com (about $43 includes tix surcharge).

Hope you can come. The kids are awesome.

9. DanceScientist

Actually, here is a more direct link:

ticketmaster.com/event/1C003E45AA2D8D43?artistid=1103028&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=12
    (copy into browser line)

Geez, I wonder where is this advertised! On the Genesis School site, I only see an ad for the video "Dancing with the Pros".

10. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Okay all, the nature of a majority of the posts here are beginning to look like an event or adverstisement posting, and I would strongly advise that you post over in the Events and Ads forum if you wish to have active links to sell and advertise tickets to the Genesis Show.

We do NOT allow commercial links (which can be interpreted to encourage sales) in the forums other than Events and Ads! This whole thread may be moved to Events and Ads if the line of posting is continued (it's borderline as it is!).

11. SonInDance

SonInDance New Member

Sorry Moderator. I am really "New in Town" and didn't realize my responses to DS questions would be considered as advertising for the show. Please feel free to sanitize the posting if necessary. I definitely don't want to be banned from such a great forum.

12. DanceScientist

Sorry, I forgot about the commercial links. I guess I can't edit my messages to take them out.

13. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you DanceScientist and SonInDance for being understanding about our guidelines here at DF. We appreciate having both of you as contributing members here at DF....hope to see you both around the boards!

14. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

I wanna go! Love the video. Whoever made it did a great job. Too bad I dont live in the area

15. DanceScientist

Thanks, I'll be posting the actual Showcase videos and photos tomorrow. In the meantime, here are some footage from the last two days of practice!