Tango Argentino > Shut up and dance!

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by MadamSamba, Mar 28, 2004.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

People counting!!!?? Counting what exactly? sheep? Another gripe at the basic 8 teaching method. When I go to workshops and they say on step 5 you can do this or that. I think what the f :) :) :) is step 5. Fine take 8 steps in time to an 8 beat music but count them as you go along.!!

The whole reason why I'm good at AT is because I don't have to worry about 'getting it right' as one would have to do for a choreographed dance which means I can give more attention to the music.

I can only count to three anyway (attention deficit disorder!) :wink: :wink:

2. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Exactly -- original or not original, a gem like this should be repeated as many times as necessary. :)

Welcome to DF, Marino.

3. Marino

Marino New Member

Hello, Sagitta

Thank you, Sagitta, for your words of welcome :D

(I get to the computer perhaps 3 times a week, so I'm sorry not to be able to answer more rapidly)

Why rumba? Its the slower beat, first and foremost. I've danced also renaissance dances - these are slower still and there the eye communication is extremely important. And they provide plenty of occasions for the partners to speak to each other.

In rumba there are steps in which the partners first move apart and then move closer again. This "reencounter" often makes the partners say "Hello, here we are again!" with their eyes. It reminds me of all the eye-play in renaissance dances.

4. Marino

Marino New Member

Thanks, MacMoto!

This time our opinions as to dancing and speaking coincide, who knows how fierce our fight will be over the next topic. :)