Tango Argentino > Videos > Silly Beyond Words

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Aug 16, 2011.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

2. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

I suppose somebody will consider it "artistic and edgy".

3. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Active Member

YouHoooooo! I have send the link to my doublefollowers! Never thought to lead volgadas or high linear boleos .... I am on!! (hmm.. it will be 130 kg to take care of in volgadas!)

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Wow. I LOVED it. OK, the threesome at the end was just sort of silly and fun--although done well--but what really stood out to me was the musicality throughout the whole song. Sigh...swoon.

5. bordertangoman

tis rather fun..:D

6. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Active Member

I AGREEE!
    There was also a heaviness you seldom see in this kind of performances.

7. bordertangoman

I am not sure what you mean; care to explain?

8. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Active Member

I have not analyzed this kind of phenomenon earlier so we maybe need iterations and some help.

The music itself is quite heavy here compared to a flute concerto!
    According to my earlier ideas about heaviness it includes musically late steps and a deeply relaxed body. Only the spine is striving upwards and the rest downwards.

I have reviewed the video only up to the painful gancho so my thoughts are for the first part.

The timing of steps and adornos here gives me a feeling of that these actions are creating the accents in music. I downloaded the video and when reviewing it at slow speed I found how his forward steps are not marking the strongest accent with the heel but by the ball of the foot.Note that the heel hits the floor first. At normal speed the visual impression must be that the whole foot is marking the accent. This could be part of the heavy impression.(with reservation for the fact that some cameras/video converters can unsynchronize the visual/audio connection)

I think they had some sections trained before and the rest of the dance was improvised. But I could not found any hesitation or misunderstandings; they were all the time comfortable with each other and with the music. They must share same type of understanding of movements and this song.

When teaching I usually talk about the need to have your body tension to be al Tango in the same way as the spagetti needs to be al dente! She was doing that fantastic well here! She had controll of the body without visible tension, movements were flowing without hesitation or rushing with pleasant timing with his movements and the music.

There was a seamless flow with his and her movements and the music.

More clear now?

9. It reminded me of

10. bordertangoman

11. bordertangoman

perhaps this will solve the problem of more ladies than men or vice versa...