Ballroom Dance > Videos > Slavik & Anna

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Masaya, Oct 8, 2009.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

whoops, sorry.

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

one of the things that is so remarkable about slavik, what has always drawn my eye to him with fascination, is how "alive" his body and senses are, as if you can see the nerve endings all the way to the tips of his fingers sensing, merging, experiencing, and expressing the music. he "embodies" the music so beautifully. and i find this new partner of his reflects the same ability.

to be able to *be* musicality on that level in this style of dance, in a way that is not contrived... what an achievement.

3. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I loved these videos.... thank you Masaya!!! I think they will be very successful :D

4. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I don't agree.. I consider Slavik musical. The other examples stated are just too literal, I prefer when it looks more real-- it's about the music not the lyrics necessarily.. The Swing example is good, but I prefer more dancing w less tricks and the guy spends too much time static w/o body action.

I think that the issue is that very proficient latin dancers are so good isolating their bodies to keep posture/efficiency that non-trained ballroom dancers can't appreciate it... but if you look at their feet (precise/w meaning) and their hips/back (interpreting the music)-- it's AMAZING! but I do think that you can tell this is still a new partnership or new choreography for some of the show #'s... The samba was my fav from them..

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i tend to agree, chica. i know that what i see and appreciate now is very different from what i would ever have noticed before working so hard to find that isolation in my own body (um...most definitely still searching... *grin*).

but when you dig in and try to find it yourself, and you experience just how challenging it is to acquire the power-coupled-with-ease it takes to manipulate the body's articulation in latin dancing, when you see it being done with such apparent effortless it becomes quite impressive.

6. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Watched that clip again, and do not see the emotional connection with each other or the music. It looks far too planned and insincere; bad acting, almost. But just my opinion. To channel Mia Michaels for a moment: I didn't "feel" it. It was.... nice. That is all.

7. dancerromancer

dancerromancer New Member

So do you think slavik has a chance to take malitowski i know politics will be stoping them but still maybe :D

8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF dancerromancer!

Just because this thread has proved to be a magnet for discussion that can veer into unwanted territory. Fine to discuss where you might wish them to end up in the rankings, but please let's not get in to dance politics here.

but again, welcome!

9. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Welcome to DF! And I agree with Latingal!

10. dancerromancer

Thank you for welcoming :)

I wasn't trying to express my opinion I was trying to get an opinion do they have a chance taking malitowski in a means what you think of current partnership again I shouldn't have mentioned politics you are right I am new in these forums I will learn, Ihope :D:D

11. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I think one of the major advantage of Malitowski & Joanna is the mature partnership they have... all others are <2 years partnerships; so I dont think it will happen any time soon.

12. Sylph

Sylph New Member

Slavik and Anna won the Superdance Championship in South Africa last month. We loved them!!!

13. latingal

No worries dancerromancer! We're glad you're here!

14. Kenneth

Kenneth New Member

their rumba is amazing!!!! i just love that feeling.:p

15. dancerromancer

Well from all put videos conlusion is slavik gets the biggest amount of the attention from everyone except judges :D:D:D, he is back where he was with Karina, too damn shame if he never wins pro title, in my opinion he is worth it big time, other couple fans please don't get offended ;) they are all great I just think this couple is greatest :p

16. dancerromancer

Oh and sylph when did they won this championships? Did I missed their second competition?

17. latingal

Finally got a chance to look at the videos...thanks so much for posting the links!

I loved their samba and rumba. Will be looking forward to great things from this partnership as they get more experience together!!!

Love them!

18. Sylph

Sylph New Member

It was held in South Africa last month. Perhaps I'm blabbing too soon as it has not been televised here as yet, but I watched it live.

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Superdance?

20. Yanou

Yanou Member

[RE: Slavik and Anna in South Africa]
    Is it a TV show similar to So You Think You Can Dance? I've come across its website and remember Slavik/Anna and Michael/Joanna being listed as performers. I can't remember its url. I didn't know they were competing. I thought they were doing a show.