Ballroom Dance > Videos > Slavik & Anna

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Masaya, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Yanou

Yanou Member

I like their samba and Gypsy Dance.

Does anyone know the title of the song for Gypsy Dance and its exact version? I know it's a Russian folk song but nothing else.

2. DanceSomatics

DanceSomatics New Member

It is from this movie. Not sure if it is a Russian folk song though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkQ_CrfsX2A&feature=related

3. Yanou

Yanou Member

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yanou, I don't actually know if it's superdance that was being referred to (though pretty sure they were there, haven't looked at pictures yet again to be sure). Was also a competition in cape town, the cape town classic dance championships last month according to Craig and Natalie's webiste. I don't know if the two events are related, but both down in SA. :)

5. Yanou

Yanou Member

hmmmm.
    thanks!

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Guess we'll just have to wait for Sylph to respond to know for sure. :)

7. dancerromancer

dancerromancer New Member

Hey guys as I checked they are not competing in internationals in UK right? I would like them already to start as soon as possible, it would make competition more exciting and interesting to watch :)

8. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I think they are registered to compete... on DSI it says they are listed to compete....

9. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

They have already started competing. They placed second at the U.S. Open Pro Latin Championships.

10. gracie

gracie Active Member

So agree. And the body rhythm and movement through his rib cage has always impressed me.

11. gracie

gracie Active Member

Slavik and Anna dance to "I've Finally Found Someone". Hope it's true, hope it lasts. The best is yet to come.

12. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

The results are up for the top 39 and Slavik and Anna are not listed. And, they are a new couple so they wouldn't be entitled to a buy. It looks like they didn't dance.

13. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

ahhhhh i haven't yet checked DSI since the latin competition began... only checked it like yesterday or something.... that is too bad that they did not compete :(

14. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

The result confuses me.

15. Casey

Casey Member

The later rounds are tomorrow in London. The earlier rounds were out in a suburb (?) called Brentwood. Becca said that Slavik & Anna did not dance. So aside from the people who didn't get past round 4, you can't tell tell too much in the pro latin.

16. Sylph

Sylph New Member

Craig & Natalie performed exhibitions at the competition. They are unbelievable! Standing ovations of course.
    Information regarding the Superdance Competition on:
    http://www.worldpromotionsinc.com/
    It was held in September.

[inactivated commercial link - latingal]

17. Becca

Becca Active Member

Slavik and Anna came third at the Kremlin Cup tonight, behind Michael and Joanna and Sergey and Melia.

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Thanks for the update Becca!

And cool Sylph! I missed that you'd responded to that. :) Yeah, i've only seen them on video (REALLY wanted to see them at USDC, but missed them), but they are absolutely amazing. Heh, FP didn't even want to compete in same event as Craig and Natalie. :)

19. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Thank you Becca! This is actually very interesting result!

20. Masaya

Masaya New Member

Maaaan I wish they had gotten 2nd... :(