Ballroom Dance > Videos > Slavik & Anna

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Masaya, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Becca

Becca Active Member

I'm very happy with the result, but it must have been quite close because I think Justin and Katia challenged a lot for 3rd actually . . . I think Slavik and Anna were very lucky to hold on there . . . some heats they were on the floor and I didn't even notice them at all . . . and not being biased ONE BIT (of course not, not me, never) but Sergey and Melia were absolute leagues above them, there was no contest . . . I really believe that Anna looked far better with Stefano, that was so special . . . think it really is a shame for her.

2. Natasha.

Natasha. Member

I LOVE Anna's dress from Kremlin Cup! Plus she was the most feminine girl on the floor.

3. Becca

Becca Active Member

She is absolutely incredible.

4. Masaya

Masaya New Member

5. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

thanks for posting the link!

6. rainerng

rainerng Member

thanks for the link. a fine line exists between looking relaxed and lazy.

7. Becca

Becca Active Member

Well, I don't know . . . I saw the whole competition, but there were just other couples in the same heats who drew my attention better and I just enjoyed watching them much more.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't find it lazy looking... everything he initiates in his body sends her a signal and she responds. It is just so fine that it appears effortless, instead of effortful.

9. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I agree with larinda.... they look incredible.... however, i wish there was more dancing (like moving) in all of their routines... they seem to stand still and "pose" a lot.... not as bad as his routines with Hannah, but those were pretty bad IMO (pose, butt wiggle, pose, wave arms, grab leg, pull leg over head, hold for 3 seconds, etc)

10. Masaya

Masaya New Member

11. Yanou

Yanou Member

Thank you so much for the links!

12. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

13. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

That was my thought as well. Wish they change routines eventually. Assume that it is the beginning of their partnership, and did not have enough time to do all routines. A lot of times moves were not connected because of those that Nonie mentioned I think. :)

14. barrefly

barrefly New Member

:p
    Samina, This person needs to see what a ripe orange looks like. (referenced to post #2).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZl2nccRJik

Also, ref. to Alba's post 34...Are you comparing Jason to Slavik? ROFL.
    This young couple (18 and 16) has more flavor, connection and tech. than Jason and his partner. Yet, (and I know them),...I doubt if either would ever think of comparing themsleves to Slavik and Anna.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvcJi7yZO8

...and again....post 38
    Alba baby, it's dancers like Slavik and Anna that are hired by ballet companies like ABT, NYCB to teach their dancers the tech. required to do such interpretive ballet routines.
    The more I read your posts...the more I conclude that you know very little about dance.

After reading on...I realized that Alba became an off topic and everyone moved on. Sorry. Feel free to delete my post,...but I would like for Alba to read it.

Though, my daughter is a very talented dancer, dancers like Anna (and others) are what she aspires to be one day. They are the cream of the crop.
    Thanks for the links.

15. dancerromancer

dancerromancer New Member

I am sorry becca but you sound a little bit not objective from which point of view sergey/melia is better then slava/ana I mean do you evaluate from opinion point of view or dancer point of view? cause that would be interesting to know. When you say sergey is leagues above slavik well maybe you mean he is leages above you in your heart :D i dont know in this cremlin cup I could objectivelly say that it was very close battle between slavik and sergey I would gave slavik 2nd although with a thought that maybe sergey was more worth it. But in future if they stay together they are the only one who could challenge champions I was trying to be as objective as possible for now slavik is not as he was in lets say 2005 but from what i have seen he and anna will beat slavik's dancing when he was with karina

16. Becca

Becca Active Member

Dancing wise, I found Slavik boring, I'm sorry, I know the world loves him, but I just don't think he's anything special.

I love Anna and think she's absolutely astounding and I believe she could do so much better.

And it isn't just me who thought Sergey and Melia were miles ahead - did you see how far apart the marks were?

When I watch dancing, I evaulate from the heart - for me, it's about how a performance moves me and makes me feel . . . that's what makes good dancing in my book.

17. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Well, I will not talk about ladies here. But for gentlemen side, I will go with Sergey. His dancing is more enjoyable. When he dances,it seems that he really enjoys himself and even shares his feeling with audience. But, Slavik's dancing seems much focuses on his inside rather sharing his joy with audience.

18. Masaya

Masaya New Member

19. barrefly

barrefly New Member

I don't know how one can think that Slavik is boring without thinking that Sergey is boring. They are very similar dancers. Sergey has a bit more depth to his extensions over Slavik (IMO) but he appears to have a slight upper back/shoulder (head/neck?) quirk that I noticed.
    Also, both can improve their connection by using better facial expression/connection towards their partners. (again IMO).
    Ex....what Slavik does at .30 with the eye. LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1oyojMQis&feature=related
    They are both the highest quality diamond, with perhaps a slightly different cut.
    Anna and Melia are fantastic.

20. gracie

gracie Active Member

Much prefer Slavic's Samba technique over Sergey, although I really enjoy Melia and Sergey. Really had never compared them until the video posted above. To me, Slavic is the gold standard.