Ballroom Dance > Videos > Slavik & Anna

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Masaya, Oct 8, 2009.

1. dancerromancer

dancerromancer New Member

Ok this is to everybody whoever thinks sergey is miles ahead a question is:

Whu did sergey went to dance for russia so sudden? I know the reason cause I spoke with the coaches :)

2. Becca

Becca Active Member

In saying he is boring, I'm comparing him to Stefano . . . when Stefano and Anna came out on to the floor, I actually wanted to watch them, they were something so special.

I don't get that same feeling now, for me it's just nothing I haven't seen before, yawn, next couple please . . .

3. Masaya

Masaya New Member

It's just a matter of taste . . . some people prefer technical mastery and musicality (Slavik) and some people prefer charisma & energy (Sergey).

4. dancerromancer

Wow Becca you must be really good dancer to say that obviously you don't like slavik when he coupled hanna you mentioned they will be unstopable they are amazing and so on, while in real life they sucked you know I like slava but he really sucked with hanna and their 6th place in UK was kinda what they deserved so your comments are not making any sence and your arguments is more of an angry girl who hates slavik for dumping hanna. Oh and when you said you evaluate from your heart again I think you are not telling true honey ;) cause its the first time when slavik has such an connection with his partner and the spotlight is not going only to him, watch him with other girls its only him you can see well at least most of the time him. He is obviously in love and you can see that in dancing thats in my opinion is heart ofcourse you can argue with me thats way we here, I wish to see how you look like becca so when I see you in competition we could discuss about hearts of the dancing :D:D:D

5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Dancerromancer, I can appreciate the fact that you have inside information gathered privately from a coach... however, this is third party information and will not be discussed here at Dance Forums.

If Sergey and Melia would like to come and announce, For Themselves Firsthand, why they went to represent Russia then we can openly talk about their decision. Thanks

6. dancerromancer

7. dancerromancer

I got it sorry ;)

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Also, please keep the tone civil. Lets talk like adults, and not act condescending towards one another.

10. chica latina

chica latina New Member

For me they are very different couples and I enjoy better the Rumba from Sergey/Melia,but samba from Slavik/anna.

It's great that we are all different and have different preferences... let's not attack someone bc they feel some way. I love that the finalist have different styles, it will be very boring if everyone will dance the same way.. For me Sergey/Melia are very real and authentic and Slavik is more refined/introverted. need to see how Anna develops w Slavik.

Is not the same to watch the dancing in video than real life, maybe in real life Becca didnt feel the commitment/performance level on Slavik/anna's dancing and that's why refer it to boring... but they just started the partnership, so I'm sure will take some time to dance as we expect from them.

11. dancerromancer

Hmm civil? well I am not native english but I dont think i offended anyone if i did sorry was trying to pick every word, what was not civil asking in order for me to not repeat myself :)

12. fascination

we don't want to go into specifics of moderating in the public forum as per our guidelines...we can chat about that via the staff mailbox if neccessary..but as a general rule it is somewhat inflammatory to characterize someone's dancing as "sucking" and to presume that becca is "angry" because one dancer dumped another...anyhow....can we just move on to better things now?....thanks :)

13. dancerromancer

Oh ok next time I will try to use other "more appropriate" words like yawn like becca used. as I understand it ok since she did not get be civil message:)

14. fascination

we are not going to question moderation in the public forum...moderators make judgement calls... they try to be fair...it is not personal...please let's move on ...thanks

15. Natasha.

Natasha. Member

And I can't choose between Sergey and Slava :cool: Both are great and in my opinion they're the best male dancers in the world right now (+ Formica).;)

16. dancerromancer

ok I am sorry for my impolite and inapropriate behaviour and that I used words like suck I only ment they do not look so good and words like angry I ment she is not happy with someone. I am sorry to everyone who read my offending post I hope you don't kick me out for being so impolite. Also Becca sorry if I offended you in any way and sorry for being not civil. And also moderators sorry for disturbing civil atmosphere of this forum. I hope you are able to forgive me. Thank you its always a pleasure to discuss here, god bless you all

17. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I agree about the three top men (I'd add Stefano to that list as well) And I really like Sergey's dancing (to me it's not where Slavik's is but it's very, very good, obviously). It's Melia that I find VERY over-the-top, over-emotive and technically just not where her fellow lady finalists are right now. I believe she's coasting into the final on her "energy and charisma" and Sergey's strength as a partner. To me the difference between her's and Anna's dancing are like night and day, which is why I do not udnerstand their relative placement at this event.

And, I did see Melia dance live as well as on video and find that she comes across better on video.

18. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

I want to add Andrej on the list. :p

19. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

My approach is that I try to understand and feel what people say about certain dancers, whom I don't enjoy that much. For example, I've never clicked on Slavik's dancing. I don't know why? It does not mean I think he is not worth to watch, but I don't feel it. He is great as you already know. I saw him dancing in video and in person. Still it is a mystery for me. But, I would love to go back to watch him. Maybe someday I will find special things that people love him about. I will keep trying. ;)

20. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

His body rhythm and musicality are, IMO, unrivaled in men today. Maybe Franco but that's it.