Dancers Anonymous > Snow Storm

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Jan 23, 2005.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow. We'll keep them in our prayers.

2. cornutt

It took three of us half an hour to get the ice knocked off the rental car in St. Louis Friday morning. The windshield had a 2-1/2" thick coating -- we measured. I've never seen anything like it. And the thing is, the St. Charles area, which is where we were staying, didn't get hit nearly as bad as some other parts of town.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:roll: blech

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow... lots going on since my last df visit.

laura, your friends are in my thoughts, and please let us know how the situations resolves. i pray that they have found protection through the ordeal...

and i hope everyone else's weather challenges have abated... here it's cold and sunny, now. hope it stays that way. had the heat on for the first time in the bedrooms last night -- am not looking forward to the massively increased oil costs, now....

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Well, so far no snow storm here. Yet. :lol:

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

It's snowing here, but certainly not a storm.

7. mamboqueen

8. mamboqueen

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oh how wonderful that the three were found...thank goodness

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Wow that's amazing!

11. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Had the first snow of the season today. Not much, just a few flurries. Kind of a strange clumpy look to it.

There will be more on it's way eventually. :D

12. cornutt

Back in STL this week... just saw a news report that says that the number of people still without power as of Monday evening numbers in the tens of thousands. Several deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning, resulting from improvised heating methods. Apparently the damage to the electrical grid was extensive partially due to a lack of a tree-trimming program.

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

laura, i just heard on the news -- coincidentally passed by the cnn report while walking thru the hallway at work! -- that your friend katie and her children were found, and that searchers are continuing to look for her husband tonite & tomorrow, and that they believe he is alive.

i pray that there is a miraculous happy ending to the ordeal for your friends.

14. Laura

Laura New Member

They found Kati and the girls yesterday around 1:30pm Pacific Time. They've been following James' tracks through the snow, and have determined that he hiked out enough to get below the snow line to where it was warmer and drier and closer to civilization. They did some searching with night vision/heat sensing equipment last night and have some areas they are checking out to see if he is there (or it could just be animals).

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow. will keep fingers crossed. are kati & the girls okay?

16. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

17. Laura

Laura New Member

Yes, Kati had some frostbite on her toes, and little Sabine a bit on one arm. But everyone was treated and released from the hospital. The searchers are still tracking James, they haven't caught up to him yet but they do have his trail.

18. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

You might want to check with these guys:

http://hometown.aol.com/stlballrm/home.htm?f=fs

I live about 2 hours away from St. Louis, so I don't keep track of events there on a regular basis, sorry. I hope you'll have fun on your visit ;)

19. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

just read on the news that they found his body... very sad :(

20. mamboqueen