Dancers Anonymous > Snow Storm

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Thanks everyone. This is a very sad day for my circle of friends.

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Sorry to hear about your friend Laura.

I was just about to post (okay, whinge!) about how cold it is here in London - we seem to be around 2-3 degrees celsius, with lots of fog, even during the day. But, even if it is bad for London at the moment (London/England can't cope with drastic weather changes!), on reading about your friend...

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

On the snowstorm topic....cheers to our friends in Colorado. Hope you are all able to dig out in time to hit the malls ;)

4. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Oooh! Wouldn't be nice if that storm headed our way? :raisebro:

5. mamboqueen

6. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Hey, what is winter in New England without at least one strong, healthy dose of snow? ;) :lol:

7. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

No, you can't have this snow, this storm will go through us first before getting to you and we already had our dose of snow (18 inches overnight). Can't you get your snow originating in Northeast :) ?

8. mamboqueen

No...I asked santa to throw wrenches into the machines so as to disable them :raisebro:

Honestly, I'm quite enjoying this 50-degree day!

9. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I was supposed to fly to Denver today to spend the holidays with my family but, my flight was cancelled (no surprise). The airline was not able to get me on a flight until next Thursday so, I cancelled my trip. :cry:

I'll go out in March for my father's/grand niece's birthday. :D

Paula

10. LucyDiamond

I agree!!! They are saying that we are going to have an el-nino winter this year and I'm very happy about that. I don't like shoveling snow.

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh no! my goodness... sorry to hear that, luce.

12. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

My aunt's caught in the Colorado storm. She's in the Air Force, stationed in Colorado Springs at the base near the AF Academy. Yesterday when it started they didn't cancel work, so she drove in, only to have them send her home. A drive that usually takes her 15 minutes to get back took 2 hours. :shock:

Luckily we're doing our family Christmas at New Year's this year because we've got a family wedding to go to in Atlanta on the 30th, so she doesn't have to fly anywhere for another week. Hopefully planes will be able to leave by then!

13. LucyDiamond

Thanks samina! Sure, I'm disappointed but that's life. I talked to my parents this morning and on the local news in Denver they are calling this the perfect storm. They are also predicting more snow tomorrow or Saturday, although not as much.

On the bright side, I'll work and not loose any wages (except for today), being a contractor I don't get paid when I don't work. And, best of all, I won't miss any dance lessons. :banana: :banana: :banana:

14. LucyDiamond

My nephew spent the night at his workplace.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yay! so your instructor will be around? excellent!

and as for wages, yah... i'm goin a week without mine. the downside of vacay time for consultants...

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

so... how much snow is the middle of the country getting, anyway???

17. LucyDiamond

Yes, he'll be around. He might be gone the end of January. Awhile ago, he mentioned that he might be competing in a competition in the UK and then go to Poland for a visit. Plus, I'll be working on my WCS number for the end of January so, I shouldn't miss too many lessons then.

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

sounds good for both of you.

he's had a good year, compwise, i think, ay?

19. LucyDiamond

As of early this morning, I heard that Denver airport got 14 inches. That doesn't sound like much to me but, I understand they had whiteout conditions. Estes Park, which is just above Boulder, got 50 inches. My father said there is a "heck of a lot of snow out there" (actually he didn't say "heck" but, I don't want to be censored:raisebro: ). I'm thinking Denver metro got over 2 feet. Last night I heard that I-25 (which basically cuts the state in half north to south) was closed from Wyoming to the Mexico border. And, I-70 was closed from the foothills to the Kansas border.

20. LucyDiamond

Yes, he has.